Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Postcard from Barbados last night...

full

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I found what I think are hops growing wild near me. Wonder if I should try to cultivate them. They smell pretty good when crushed.

View attachment 270642

Look bang on with the ones at Shakespeare Brewery, a great find! We have another bigger player, Sleaman's, that has a Rail Ale using wild hops cultivated along railway lines. I would transplant some of those!

Mr. C.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I went to the Roughtail Brewery in Edmund Oklahoma. Some young woman supposedly coughed on a group of guys, her boyfriend and one of the guys got in a fight. The Porter was good, the had some sort of Sour Ale with blueberry stuff in it called Kraken's Blood. I ordered us all a small one by asking for a flight of the toilet bowl cleaner and I got the right stuff. it tasted a lot like it looked. I'll try and remember to get a picture up later.

From their website:
Kraken Blood Sour - Fruited
6% ABV

Sour Ale finished on a pillow case-sized pile of Blue Raspberry Sour Candy Straws! Sour, sweet and blue as can be. Happy Halloween from all of us at Roughtail!

I finished it....

Hi

I went to the Roughtail Brewery in Edmund Oklahoma. Some young woman supposedly coughed on a group of guys, her boyfriend and one of the guys got in a fight. The Porter was good, the had some sort of Sour Ale with blueberry stuff in it called Kraken's Blood. I ordered us all a small one by asking for a flight of the toilet bowl cleaner and I got the right stuff. it tasted a lot like it looked. I'll try and remember to get a picture up later.

From their website:
Kraken Blood Sour - Fruited
6% ABV

Sour Ale finished on a pillow case-sized pile of Blue Raspberry Sour Candy Straws! Sour, sweet and blue as can be. Happy Halloween from all of us at Roughtail!

I finished it....
Nothing like dinner & a floor show!

I have a enabled the creation of a monster in my house. On our trip to Scotland last year my wife agreed to accompany me and do her best to develop a taste for whisky on my distillery visits. Well now she has taken to having a wee dram at night before bed. She is in my whisky cabinet more than me. Tonight I began feeding her my 20 year old Kirkland whisky purchased at the Billings Montana Costco last year. Not great but at just $50 for a full litre bottle a decent purchase. I can keep her away from my good stuff for a while at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24