Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Danny Ocean said:
Cheers BD..............here's one for you!

MagnersP-7068.jpg

Tomorrow night is..............cocktail night!! :p

Oooh, ta. Thanks Danny! Now my sadness has turned into cider happiness. ;0

What cocktails are you having?

X
BD

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HI

A Leininkugle's Summer Shady Weiss beer with Lemon. This was like drinking a creamy lemon aide with foam. Good stuff.

A Shiner Blonde lager. This is the Shiner bock people's lager, it was like drinking thick water, no discernible flavor. Won't bother with that again.

Later

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Black Dahlia said:
Oooh, ta. Thanks Danny! Now my sadness has turned into cider happiness. ;0

What cocktails are you having?

X
BD

Sadness??..........nah, we can't have that!

OK, I got as far as the Tanqueray, and poured a (very) large G'n'T, whilst trying to decide which cocktail to mix. As the gin was out, the first was a "gin sling". The second, well it's still being deliberated over, at the moment..........!

There's couple of cocktails in one of my books, that contain cider. Now there's a thought...................:p

SazeracSlide

New in Town
Absinthe_1900 said:
Cube? or Simple Syrup?

I always stay well stocked for Sazeracs.
sazeracfixings.jpg

Simple syrup for me. A completely uniformed liquid (except for the oils of the lemon rind) is how I like it.

And where in the world did you get that glass? I must have one.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Too many bars in NOLA go overboard with simple syrup in their Sazeracs, I use a Saint Louis Sucre cube in mine, with a bit of water.

I picked up the glass way back before the collectors started getting stupid with bidding on Sazerac bar items.
Watch eBay, way too many people over pay for Saz glasses, not realizing how many years they were offered as Souvenirs.

You can get Modern Sazerac glasses through Tales of the Cocktail's website.

Now, I'd like to see the Sazerac Company bring these back to go with the vintage Herbsaint Original. ;)

LegendreOldNewOrleansBitters.jpg

SazeracSlide

New in Town
Absinthe_1900 said:
Too many bars in NOLA go overboard with simple syrup in their Sazeracs, I use a Saint Louis Sucre cube in mine, with a bit of water.

I picked up the glass way back before the collectors started getting stupid with bidding on Sazerac bar items.
Watch eBay, way too many people over pay for Saz glasses, not realizing how many years they were offered as Souvenirs.

You can get Modern Sazerac glasses through Tales of the Cocktail's website.

Now, I'd like to see the Sazerac Company bring these back to go with the vintage Herbsaint Original. ;)

Your methodology regarding sazeracs is spot on. Much more respectable than mine. What is your process for building one from beginning to finish? About the only thing that sets me apart from others who coat the glass by swirling is my pressurized mister. Other than that, it's pretty standard for this decade. Still learning, though!

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
SazeracSlide said:
Your methodology regarding sazeracs is spot on. Much more respectable than mine. What is your process for building one from beginning to finish? About the only thing that sets me apart from others who coat the glass by swirling is my pressurized mister. Other than that, it's pretty standard for this decade. Still learning, though!

I pretty much do the same as Chris Macmillan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfhaxHYb46E

I was on a panel with Phil Greene at Tales, and he demonstrated the glass toss while wearing tyvek coveralls. (He had a jacket coated in Herbsaint one year making so many Sazeracs.)

I've seen the misters.
I went into a nice bar, ordered a Sazerac, and the bartender started to mist the glass. I asked what was in the mister, and he replied Versinthe:eek: I stopped him, and quietly insisted that Herbsaint Original be used instead.
When I order a Sazerac, they automatically know what to reach for.

The only thing unusual I've used in a Sazerac, is a bit of 70+ year old Herbsaint.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Ethan Bentley said:
Am I right in thinking that Peychaud's bitters has changed over the years?

Kinda....sorta.

jamespowers said:
Geez, I hope not! :eusa_doh:

It's a long story, involving changing companies,...recipes,...a lot of years, and if my memory is correct, an ingredient that may not be allowed in Alcohol in the USA.

Making Bitters in the USA can be very complicated due to the TTB.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Danny Ocean said:
Sadness??..........nah, we can't have that!

OK, I got as far as the Tanqueray, and poured a (very) large G'n'T, whilst trying to decide which cocktail to mix. As the gin was out, the first was a "gin sling". The second, well it's still being deliberated over, at the moment..........!

There's couple of cocktails in one of my books, that contain cider. Now there's a thought...................:p

Cider cocktails may help my sadness! *lol* Who knows!

X
BD

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Black Dahlia said:
Cider cocktails may help my sadness! *lol* Who knows!

X
BD

Sorry BD, gonna have to think of a different sadness cure I think,......tried it, but not too sure 'bout the cider cocktail, think I'll stick to a cold pint, with ice!

So tonight was:

A couple of G'n'T's.
Corona beers
Woodford Reserve Bourbon

And then for some obscure reason, friends thought it may be a good idea to get the Raspberry Vodka, and Jagermeister, out of the freezer......!! Oops :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran