Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Danny Ocean said:
Sorry BD, gonna have to think of a different sadness cure I think,......tried it, but not too sure 'bout the cider cocktail, think I'll stick to a cold pint, with ice!

So tonight was:

A couple of G'n'T's.
Corona beers
Woodford Reserve Bourbon

And then for some obscure reason, friends thought it may be a good idea to get the Raspberry Vodka, and Jagermeister, out of the freezer......!! Oops :eek:

Well a Black Velvet or two may do....;0

I love Jager...but with Raspberry Vodka? *shudders* Ug.

X
BD

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Black Dahlia said:
Well a Black Velvet or two may do....;0

I love Jager...but with Raspberry Vodka? *shudders* Ug.

X
BD

Not a lot of people like Jager (it's a bit of an aquired taste), so I think we're in a minority. It was in a separate glass from the raspberry vodka......albeit, separated by a matter of a minute or two!

Danny O

p.s. like your new avatar pic. :)

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Danny Ocean said:
Not a lot of people like Jager (it's a bit of an aquired taste), so I think we're in a minority. It was in a separate glass from the raspberry vodka......albeit, separated by a matter of a minute or two!

Danny O

p.s. like your new avatar pic. :)

It is an acquired taste, one I love. Though I also enjoy Swedish bitters and such.

Jager's pretty popular over here, as shots, or with red bull (gag)! I prefer it straight up. And...as an aside it really works for a sore throat! I have quite a few friends in the UK that had never heard, nor had Jager, until I introduced it to them. *evil grin*

Thanks Danny - I like your boat! *lol*

X
BD

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Black Dahlia said:
It is an acquired taste, one I love. Though I also enjoy Swedish bitters and such.

Jager's pretty popular over here, as shots, or with red bull (gag)! I prefer it straight up. And...as an aside it really works for a sore throat! I have quite a few friends in the UK that had never heard, nor had Jager, until I introduced it to them. *evil grin*

Thanks Danny - I like your boat! *lol*

X
BD

It's got to be ice cold shots........CANNOT do Red Bull, with anything! *yucky*

Off topic (slightly) - do you have a fave cocktail?

Danny O

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Danny Ocean said:
It's got to be ice cold shots........CANNOT do Red Bull, with anything! *yucky*

Off topic (slightly) - do you have a fave cocktail?

Danny O

I don't drink cocktails often..more of a cider, sangria or beer girl! However, I love Purple Hazes, but with soda water not pop. I also enjoy Fuzzy Navel, Singapore Sling, Blue Lagoon.

What about you?

I've had these two books for ages, and have yet to try any of the recipes! They were given to me because I like SHAG's work.

shag_party_cover.jpg

1572840501.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

X
BD

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Black Dahlia said:
I don't drink cocktails often..more of a cider, sangria or beer girl! However, I love Purple Hazes, but with soda water not pop. I also enjoy Fuzzy Navel, Singapore sling, Blue Lagoon.

What about you?

X
BD

I like cocktails, given the right surroundings or occasion, but generally a couple of cold beers or cider's (gotta be dry, not sweet!), hits the spot.

Cocktail wise, I don't like anything too sweet. A Margarita, Caipirinha, Mojito, Dry Martini........or anything gin based.........with you on the Singapore Sling..mmmm!

Your books look great, like the illustrations, why on earth don't you try a couple!

Got a great vintage/retro do coming up next weekend, take a look:
www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/revivalfashion/revival-fashion.aspx

Danny O

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Danny Ocean said:
I like cocktails, given the right surroundings or occasion, but generally a couple of cold beers or cider's (gotta be dry, not sweet!), hits the spot.

Cocktail wise, I don't like anything too sweet. A Margarita, Caipirinha, Mojito, Dry Martini........or anything gin based.........with you on the Singapore Sling..mmmm!

Your books look great, like the illustrations, why on earth don't you try a couple!

Got a great vintage/retro do coming up next weekend, take a look:
www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/revivalfashion/revival-fashion.aspx

Danny O

I hear you on that, I prefer my ciders dry and not too sweet. Even though the cocktails I like are sweet! What is in a Caipirinha?

I certainly will try some...there's some interesting cocktails for Hallowe'en in one of the books..right up my alley! I collect SHAG stuff.

I must say, I'm very envious of you, and others that are able to attend vintage revival weekends and events. There simply aren't any here! If I lived in the UK...I'd definitely be after attending some.

Going to check out that website link you posted.
X
BD
2860402779_5a37c93441_o.jpg

one-enchanted-evening-shag.gif

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Black Dahlia said:
I hear you on that, I prefer my ciders dry and not too sweet. Even though the cocktails I like are sweet! What is in a Caipirinha?

I certainly will try some...there's some interesting cocktails for Hallowe'en in one of the books..right up my alley! I collect SHAG stuff.

I must say, I'm very envious of you, and others that are able to attend vintage revival weekends and events. There simply aren't any here! If I lived in the UK...I'd definitely be after attending some.

Going to check out that website link you posted.
X
BD
2860402779_5a37c93441_o.jpg

one-enchanted-evening-shag.gif

A Caipirinha is great as a summer drink.........or anytime, really!

Take a couple of lime wedges, and muddle these together with two teaspoons of sugar, in the bottom of a heavy based Old-Fashioned glass. Half fill the glass with crushed ice, add two measures of Brazilian Cachaça, and stir well.

Halloween.........you.........no, never, with a name like Black Dahlia! ;)

You surprise me, that there's no vintage/retro do's in Canada? I'll send you some pics of next weekend - Goodwood Revival is one of THE events of the year!

What's your favourite era?

Danny O

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Jim Beam and soda, boring, I know. Liquor's on the top shelf and I was too lazy to grab the step stool to get the rye on the back of the shelf. Also, this whole endeavor involved cracking ice out of the old metal trays, which usually results in cubes all over the floor. I was losing patience! lol

KittyT said:
This whole endeavor involved cracking ice out of the old metal trays, which usually results in cubes all over the floor. I was losing patience! lol

When I remember to do it, I like to make ice from my tap water but after it's sat 24 hours so the chlorine comes out. Then I try to make a few trays of ice and save them in ziplock bags in the freezer. If I forget to put ice in a ziplock bag when I need ice, the trays are empty from being evaporated by the frost free freezer, all there is is a white powder on the bottom that is the minerals in our water.:eusa_doh:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
John in Covina said:
When I remember to do it, I like to make ice from my tap water but after it's sat 24 hours so the chlorine comes out. Then I try to make a few trays of ice and save them in ziplock bags in the freezer. If I forget to put ice in a ziplock bag when I need ice, the trays are empty from being evaporated by the frost free freezer, all there is is a white powder on the bottom that is the minerals in our water.:eusa_doh:

Doh! I usually keep some in an ice bucket in the freezer so they're ready, but a certain someone didn't refill the bucket after he emptied it.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Danny Ocean said:
Twinings Ceylon tea................being a work day, clear head, and all that...!

I had some Bambu (mixture of chicory, figs, wheat, malted barley and acorns.)....SO GOOD! It's tastes a bit like coffee actually, no caffeine though.

No alcohol for me last night either! Maybe tonight.....

X
BD

Rat Pack

One of the Regulars
Was in a sweet mood last night and made myself a "Grape Nehi".

A shot of Coconut Rum (the 90 proof Morgans), shot of pinapple juice, half shot of Chambord, and a splash of S&S. Shaken with ice (shake hard, it'll look like 1 2 3 jello with a frothy top) and served in a martini glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy