Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Chanfan

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
Cynarand muddled plums!? How was it? Sounds like something that would give you physic. :eek: :eusa_doh:

Heh. They recommended it based on my liking of the Negroni, which is a bitter cocktail. It was interesting indeed! A bit bitter like the negroni, but then I'd get some of the plum, which reminded me greatly of haw flakes.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Absinthe_1900 said:
Try the Aviation with some Coopers Creme Yvette, instead of the Creme 'd Violette.

I would love to but I've not yet found it in the UK yet. Hopefully sometime soon.

Last night I used a the last two drink from a bottle of Gin. One Gimlet, one Gin & tonic.

I also had a glass of South African Brandy.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Danny Ocean said:
A G'n'T, in various guises, but I think "Old Habits Die Hard", is a very suitable name! Let's call it an "OHDH", from now on BD. ;)

Danny
x

He he, will do. OHDH it is! Now you've got me intrigued about Pimms No. 1. I wonder if I can get it over here? Will looksee.
X
BD

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Miss sofia said:
Oh now your talking, i love a Pimms, you won't be disappointed. Actually i have some in the cupboard methinks, might have to shuffle off and make a little jug.:)

"A little jug"?................hmm, that's a new one, I didn't think it was possible to make small amounts of Pimms?! ;)

Danny

HepKitty

One Too Many
drinks I don't dare try...

Lava Lamps

1 (3 ounce) package red or blue colored instant gelatine mix
1 cup boiling water
1 cup vodka
1 (750 millilitre) bottle champagne

In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatine mix and boiling water until completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in vodka. Pour the liquid into small paper cups or portion cups. Chill until set, at least 2 hours.
Pour champagne into glasses. Break up the gelatine with a fork, and pour into a glass of champagne. A little stir gives it some 'lava' action. Drink with caution, these will sneak up on you.

:D

(these are not my notes, I would not put "pretty" and "excellent" together like this)

Pineapple F***-Me-Ups

only if you really want to get messed up

I found a very basic recipe online and altered it, and it's pretty excellent.

You need...
Bacardi 151
Triplesec
A can of crushed pineapple (or more, depending)
Lemon-lime Gatorate
A blender

I don't really have measurements for any of them...but you want it to be mostly the pineapple. The blender will liquify it enough so it's like pulpy orange juice. Put in the same amount of Gatorade as you do Triplesec...and it doesn't matter how much 151 you put in, because you can barely taste it. My version was at least 1/3 151 and all I could taste was that slight "this is an alcoholic beverage" tinge. The acid in the pineapple cancels it out.

Drink with caution...you get drunk a lot faster than you expect, as my friends and I all found out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner