Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
rumblefish said:
I think I read that somewhere.;)

Imagine that...:D

rumblefish said:
Goodbye 90 proof, hello 120 proof???:D
Please keep us posted!

The contemporary 90 proof Herbsaint will still be available, as it has uses in cocktails and cooking.

The Herbsaint Original, is available at 100 proof, just like it was in the 1930s and 1940s, which makes an excellent stand alone drink, and an even better cocktail ingredient.

Something limited, may appear at a bit higher proof.

SteveAS

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
Which one? The 12 year old, Barrel Proof, etc.

I believe there is only one William LaRue Weller (per year): the barrel proof wheated whiskey that's part of the Antique Collection. The one I had last night was the 2009 edition. I believe the other Wellers are marked W.L. Weller.

Jack Scorpion said:
A Pacific @Happy Hour.

Basically cognac and curacao, and way too much of the latter. You know there's a problem when a cognac drink is still bright blue.

Sounds a little like the Blue Whale
1 ounce blue curacao
2 ounce rum
splash of pineapple juice

Shake with ice and serve in a collins glass with ice and you are set. This mix keeps the drink a little less than bright blue and tastes fairly good. :cheers1:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
St.Ignatz said:
Ron Zacapa neat
I met the head of Zacapa at a rum event a couple months ago. I told him that while I adored his 23, it had a real problem with evaporation. He looked mortified until one of his lieutenants started laughing...........He ended up giving me a bottle of the XO and a t-shirt. I still prefer the 23.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo