Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
More beer is not a substitute for good beer.

Hi

You have to find a beer that you like, and are willing to pay for. I tried a German Pilsner that I'd picked up some time ago. Tasted pretty good, but it was about $7 a bottle and well it wasn't Guinness. For $7 I can drink a few more Schiltz.

Later Y'all

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
I tried a German Pilsner that I'd picked up some time ago. Tasted pretty good, but it was about $7 a bottle

You should be getting a good Belgian Lambic at that price. You need to find a better place to buy beer.

1961MJS

You should be getting a good Belgian Lambic at that price. You need to find a better place to buy beer.

Hi

It was a pretty good quality beer, and well over 12 ounces, but I won't be bothering again. I don' think that the price was out of line exactly. Hacker Phorrs was the name I think. I'll look when I get home.

Later

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
Hacker-Pschorr Brau? That is one of my favorite Hefe Weissens in Europe but they really do not hold up through the pasteurization for importing to the US.

It is really amazing the difference in the taste of beers that are allowed into the US compared to the way the beers are in their own countries.

1961MJS

Hacker-Pschorr Brau? That is one of my favorite Hefe Weissens in Europe but they really do not hold up through the pasteurization for importing to the US.

It is really amazing the difference in the taste of beers that are allowed into the US compared to the way the beers are in their own countries.

Hi

Yep, that's it. That's one of two wheat beers I've had that I finished. I'm not a big sour beer guy. Good stuff, just not going to be a big favorite. Pasteurizing beer is both good and bad. Most American beer and many English aren't hurt by it. I'm guessing that Belgians are hurt pretty bad by it.

later

dnjan

One Too Many
Yes, Hacker Pschorr is a good hefeweizen. Comes up every so often on a rotating hefeweizen tap at a local establishment.

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
Loaded up my fridge this evening.
8038_10151085385879330_1921340936_n.jpg

Can you get Blatz anywhere else besides Wisconsin? Maybe somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic region? If I'm not mistaken, aren't they owned by Pabst now? I've always wanted to try one but apparently no place in Maryland carries it.

I'm not sure. I have only tried to buy it here.

I'm surprised you're not looking for this:

goetz_country_club_coaster.jpg

Can you get Blatz anywhere else besides Wisconsin? Maybe somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic region? If I'm not mistaken, aren't they owned by Pabst now? I've always wanted to try one but apparently no place in Maryland carries it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy