Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

kiltie

Practically Family
I'm a steadfast creature of habit: not unwilling to try new things, I just tend to stick with what I like. So here's a thread, not necessarily for making recommendations, but just to see what the day to day is like. Did you break out the good stuff for a special occasion, or just a couple of Buds with buds? Try something new? Maybe tell us where you imbibed...

Last night, for me, was a double Jameson and two pints of Bridgeport IPA with a friend, sitting at the bar where they know our names and bring the beer without our having to ask. :)

Cody Pendant

One of the Regulars
Whats for Breakfast?

Carolans Irish Cream and coffee, at my desk , reading this thread.
I am big on experimenting, and keeping my favorites. I tend to try something new every week along with the regulars. chow

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't vary from my preferences much; Islay scotch (Laphroig is best-White Horse blended if I'm drinking cheap), sharp bourbon (Old Granddad), and Spanish Torres Imperial 10 brandy.

So far this is the Texas thread...;)

just_me

Practically Family
V8 juice mixed with vodka, hot sauce, Old Bay seasoning, and stirred with a stalk of celery.

dnjan

One Too Many
A glass of the house red wine (don't even know what is was) while attending a German Discussion Table at a local restaurant. (this place hosts foreign-language discussion tables most nights - German is Tuesday)
Don't know if the wine helped either my pronunciation or vocabulary, but it at least gave me the courage to try ...

kiltie

Practically Family
Another IPA, this time Abita, shivering like a mangy dog on my front porch last night. Just enjoying the few cold days here in my own perverse way. I'm hoping Dixie will make a comeback. Anyone know anything those poor guys?

hollowpond

One of the Regulars
John Daniels (when you've known him as long as I have, its John) on the rocks in a double old fashion glass. I'm just as curious about what type of glass I drink out of as what is in the glass. My wife came home the other day with some stemless martini glasses...no way am I drinking out of that!

Tonight I believe I'll have a Bombay Sapphire martini (two olives and one onion) and drink it out of the old glasses just to make a point.

dnjan

One Too Many
A glass of Willamette Valley Vineyards 2004 Barrell Select Oregon Pinot Noir with dinner (fantastic, jammy strawberry nose, but doesn't really follow-up with an equally impressive taste and finish), followed by a red blend from the paso robles area, with cheese (can't remember the name of the wine - I was more interested in the cheeses). Dessert was a glass of Smith Woodhouse 1995 LBV.
All-in-all, a good evening ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm