Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, how so many things can change in as little as five years...

When this was originally posted, I had not yet joined the Lounge. I was employed as a defacto Assitant Manager at a Wine & Spirits shop locally, with a brief moonlight as a W&S Distributor (for a private company, not the state).

By the time I'd joined the lounge in '07, I was employeed in the Marketing department at a private non-profit student loan organization.

And currently, I've moved on to what one may call "Customer Service" although I can't exactly categorize what I do. I'm currently at a very large health insurance agency, and I work with other health insurance agencies. Without being in the business, it's hard to explain what I do.

Rock31

Familiar Face
I work for an ATM/Debit card processor. We have about 16,000 clients now worldwide.

In short I get to sit behind a desk for 9 hours a day, not too fun.

Tooch

One of the Regulars
I'm a writer and editor - mostly a political columnist and Web editor for hire these days. Unfortunately, my career high--income-wise, at least--was probably about eight years ago, before writing became less of a professional activity and more of a social one. It's a fascinating phenomenon to watch, but one that I regret, just a bit.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Still in medical practice (when does medicine ever stop being a practice :eusa_doh: lol ) but with a couple more hats added--I'm now director of a geriatric facility which means administrative/educational duties added to my physician capacity, plus volunteering as a moderator on a small patient support site. :)

Doc Smith

Familiar Face
Just finishing up the Winter semester at the University of Michigan, where I teach Aerospace Engineering. If all goes well, I'll spend the summer working at a small research company here in Ann Arbor, and will have more time to spend with my wife and son. Then, back to lecture and lab classes for the Fall and Winter semester, and repeat as often as they let me.

Papa Smurf

Familiar Face
I am currently a stay-at-home dad/student. I'll be getting my BA in Accounting in October, then my family is planning on moving to the Seattle area where I will continue on with my MA in Accounting as well as find a job as an accountant.

davestlouis

Practically Family
I was told this past week that my responsibilities will be expanding, from simply selling prearranged funerals, to also designing and selling grave markers and cemetery monuments. I consider myself more of a cemeterian than a funeral guy, so this is good news!

Big_e

Practically Family
I'm a Code Compliance Officer for the City of Dallas. I inspect apartment complexes. Funny and sad thing about this is if I had responded in 2005 when this thread started, I would have said, I'm a Code Compliance Officer for the City of Dallas. I inspect apartment complexes.[huh]
Ernest

rippy444

Familiar Face
What are you doing for a living

Retired Owner of Perrino's Plumbing. I now collect SS and un-employment. I still work a little on the side. I do volunteer work for the ones that can't afford to pay. :) :) :)

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Honor our troops. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy