Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Still doing the JAG thang in the Canadian Armed Forces. Six years and eight days to retirement, and the gentleman farmer in making...

After a day behind the plow, settle in for the night to read Homer, huh? Just kidding. I know Jefferson got it all wrong.
------------

I recall a crim case from law school days, two US Air Force enlisted picked up a woman inside an Alabama bar,
took her to nearby forest and did the Robin Hood-but the maid failed to awaken. They took her to a hospital ER,
where she was pronounced dead. The twins were charged with murder. Subsequent autopsy placed her death prior
to the sylvian tryst; so, apparently the GIs had relations with a corpse. Alabama had no law on the books concerning
necrophilia. Both were acquitted, recharged by the Air Force-conduct unbecoming a soldier etc. Twins appealed
this citing double jeopardy. Cut loose by court. The old saw: Military justice is to justice what military music is to music,
ain't no joke. I envy your JAG career.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Currently working on major improvement of work life balance, getting back in mother union’s arms.

Last edited:

novaseal

New in Town
Flight attendant. I have a diploma in Tourism but all you need is billingual skills and being 18 since it's not rocket science to serve coffee and smile. It's been almost a year since I started working for this good regional airline company. I don't make much money (starting at 27k/y) but I love it.

Turnip

Second interview last Monday, rest is waiting whether they return with an offer or a refusal…

Konrad Seifert

New in Town
I'm a HR Manager at a relocation agency. Most of our clients are companies in the IT sector and WE support their future employees with obtaining work Visa for Germany.

Turnip

Contract signed.

Hope this might do it for my remaining drudgery-span.

This could also fit the „Getting old“ thread stating that work life balance outweighs the last hundred bucks. Cause even the collectively agreed semi-retirement program is getting at hand again…:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot