Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Communication instuctor for a small college & a television journalist most recently seen nationally in a clip on "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" on MSNBC for my live broadcast of when the victim in the infamous "Pizza Bomber" case blew up in Erie, PA.

BRS

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Harp said:
Irish poet scoundrel.

On sabbatical for last eight months after resigning federal position.
Should have gone to Iraq on private contract....:rolleyes:

They were contracting for poetic Irish scoundrels? Man, that's a thorough reconstruction effort. :p

RedPop4

One Too Many
I"m a reference librarian at a university by day, a Church musician by weekend and certain weeknights. I also moderate and post waaaaaaaaaaaay too much on another forum I've mentioned on occasion.;)

Miss Jones

New in Town
Lancealot said:
You poor thing.

I also work for Lowe's in the Commercial Sales Department.

Mostly I work with contractors and people building and or remodeling houses.

Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment. But a least I'm moving up in the world (of home improvement stores), I used to be the commercial sales cashier.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pretty faythe said:
ohh, thats almost like my brother. used to be a marine and now as a civilian went to fix the autos in iraq

You of course meant "is a former Marine...". :D

Once a Marine, always a Marine, and it is an earned, capitalized title, not a job description.

But we aren't all picky or nothin'. ;)

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I administer distance education programs (degrees and individual courses) for Colorado State University, so I work with faculty and other administrators to develop new programs and then make them happen. Although we're part of the university, we operate as a separate business so if we don't pay the bills, we're out of bidness. I'm also bass player in a surf band. When we get a web page up for the band, I'll let you know. I'm also Vice-President of the Washington Staet University Alumni Association, and will start a term as Pres in may.

It's going to be a VERY busy year.

Jay

Practically Family
While going to school for Journalism I work at a Dollar Store. It's not as bad as the golfcourse I used to work at so I can't complain.

Renee

Familiar Face
I'm a former RN who then took on the hat of homeschooling mother and housewife (if you ever want a challenge, homeschool your children through high school!).

I'm now a housewife who volunteers part-time at the local library. I'm absolutely happy with my new "career". :)

Clara Noir

Familiar Face
Well to add to this list of really exciting, high flying jobs, I work in retail. I've been working in an art and craft shop for four years. Yes, I'm meant to be in university now. But that's what next year is for...

Knitstuff

New in Town
I'm a professional cook by trade, been doing it for the past 20+ years. Married another professional cook, and my mom was one for 45 years.

Jen

MAGNAVERDE

New in Town
I used to be an engineer at the phone company, back in the good old days when there was only one real phone company, this country's telephone service was the envy of the world and, if you dropped your phone on a tile floor, you worried about the floor, not the phone, but these days I'm the historian for a National Landmark building and a consulting interior designer specializing in historic & traditional residential decor. That is, I don't sell anything but my vast knowledge & experience & advice. You can't buy window treatments--whatever the hell they are--from me, so don't ask. Next on the Magnaverde docket? A decorating column in a real newspaper.

Buck

New in Town
Clinical Social Worker. I also coordinate OUI (DWI) classes in Southern Maine, and train intructors. Be careful out there! :cheers1:

Now if I could only get paid for all those things I like to do. Like fishing, traveling, flying float planes, building/riding motorsickles, diving, smoking pipes, web surfing, napping......

Also, Future Banjo Picker.:fedora:

rongoms

Familiar Face
I'm a former cop with a journalism degree that now works in the internal security (not security guard, the dark-sunglasses-types) group of....um....a large redmond-based software company.

I play Bass drum in a pipe band and run a wristwatch( Vintage and current models) trading forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy