Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Do You DO?

cadence

New in Town
umm..

When I do repairs in my house or yard (I'm a single mother and i can't afford to pay someone to fix things every time they something goes wrong) if it is something that i desperatly need, (and i'm embarressed to say) I will go as I am, as I have no time to shower, dress, apply makeup, get my son ready and then go to the store. Luckily I live in very small country town in Australia, so the dress sense might be more relaxed here than in california. One good thing about the world becoming more relaxed with time, is in these circumstances!! Most people will think your working!! lol

Strider

One of the Regulars
If I'm doing stuff like that, I'm not about to change. I'll shower and clean up when the job's done, instead of shower and clean up every time I nee to make a trip, only to come back home and change and get dirty again. That's just too much running around.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
On any given weekend, I may be working on the car, fixing an electrical problem in the house, touching up paint, and doing minor carpentry (sometimes all of these simultaneously).

When I need parts or materials, I head out wearing what I'm wearing. If I need something to eat on the way, I drop in at any fast food restaurant. I'm no worse dressed than half the other folks there.

If I'm REALLY grimy - I mean under the car, changing oil and lubing the chassis grimy - then I usually change jeans or t-shirt first. That's sometimes to keep the car's upholstery clean as much as it is to be presentable.:D

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cadence- that hits the nail on the head actually. Even in the US less than metropolis-sized urban areas are more casual. There are far more smaller and medium-sized cities and towns where the inhabitants are non-nonsense working people who don't get "gussied up" to drive to the Tractor Supply Company to get stuff. The farther away you get from the "big city" the less formal it is. And there are far more places like that in the US than there are New York Citys or Los Angeles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit