Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pdxvintagette said:
You're only 27 and already retired from burlesque? That's interesting. Most of our Northwest subculture burlesque gals are in their mid/late 20's to mid 30's. Miss Kitty Baby would be a good example. Interesting.

Well, I went to grad school. I didn't feel old or anything. lol

pgoat

One Too Many
The Wingnut said:
05dec07.jpg

very cool look, wn. Gr8 to see a good fedora with casual clothes (not t-shirt and jeans, either). you wear it well, brother.

pgoat

One Too Many
RetroBabydoll said:
On Dec. 8th my Beauty school had a international competition. The category I entered was Hollywood Glamour updo. I competed against 130 other competitors and ended up placing 2nd!!! I wanted to share some photos.

pic2-2.jpg

pic-2.jpg

pic10.jpg

Congrats indeed on a nice job - but I like your own 'do even better!

Is that called a 'flip'? (the front/bangs section)

pgoat

One Too Many
Chad Sanborn said:
Me on an average day like today!

xmas1.jpg

xmas2.jpg

another really cool look, Chad!

I assume your duds are vintage - did u pick this stuff up in NC? We are planning a visit to friends down there next year.

pgoat

One Too Many
dostacos said:
Patterson, the biggest problem with the wrong side of 40 is you pick up SPEED.... look out while I fly by:eek: lol

wow is that ever true.....

I remember being 21 and telling a co-worker how much faster time was going compared to when I was in my teens......he laughed and said wait till you hit 30 and 40. Well, he was right.....

On the other hand I don't agonize over stupid crap the way I did back then (Now I agonize over more important mature matters....:rolleyes: ).

pgoat

One Too Many
.......From its rabbited lintels to its zuzz-zuzz water softener!!

mike said:
Visiting Mr. Blanding's Dream House, as it still stands today!
DSC_1762.jpg

what it looked like originally...
DSC_1774.jpg

Cool !! I love that film......

pgoat

One Too Many
dostacos said:
2pm Monday Dec 17th TCM will be showing the movie. {not sure east, central pacific time....}

according to Wikpedia they built 73 full replica houses as a promotion of the movie:D

Yup - Robert Osbourne said they were built in Portland OR among other places.

I'd love to own/live in one....but I'd prolly always lock myself in that stupid closet.....

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
pgoat said:
Congrats indeed on a nice job - but I like your own 'do even better!

Is that called a 'flip'? (the front/bangs section)

It's called a pompadour that is big with Rockabilly people. I like wearing this particular style when I don't have time to get ready in the morning or if I don't feel like doing my hair. I'm glad you like my hairdo. :)

pgoat

One Too Many
RetroBabydoll said:
It's called a pompadour that is big with Rockabilly people. I like wearing this particular style when I don't have time to get ready in the morning or if I don't feel like doing my hair. I'm glad you like my hairdo. :)

That's funny - often those 'less effort' dos look the best! I gotcha on the pompadour now - I thought on women with the longer back it had a different fancy schmancy name.

I am one of those rockabilly people, btw - at least I usedta be back when I had hair!!:rolleyes: If can ever dig up an old snapshot of my pompadour I'll try and post.

Twilight

Familiar Face
Here's a picture of me I took a week ago after I got my haircut. [It was shoulder length before the cut]:
DSC_0156.jpg

I'm not very good at taking pictures of myself. lol

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
pgoat said:
That's funny - often those 'less effort' dos look the best! I gotcha on the pompadour now - I thought on women with the longer back it had a different fancy schmancy name.

I am one of those rockabilly people, btw - at least I usedta be back when I had hair!!:rolleyes: If can ever dig up an old snapshot of my pompadour I'll try and post.

That would be great to see. I don't claim to be rockabilly, but I tend to have my outfits and hairstyles along that style. I just do what I think looks nice. Are you more of a vintage style now since you're not doing the rockabilly style anymore?

pgoat

One Too Many
not exactly; I hit the big 4-0 a few years ago so I've been on a campaign to let go of a lot of 'young' stuff that was still hanging around.:D and try to dress more age-appropriate (ugh)

I just feel more natural in suits and fedoras now. I do like vintage suits and I used to hunt for cool 30s, 40s and 50s stuff that I would punk up years ago but now I use my addiction to Turner Classic Movies to (hopefully) get me closer to Cary Grant and Clark Gable (although I am not coming close enough!!). basically I go for classic but not dated - the kind of suit one could see in a BW photo and not know whether it was 1937 or 2007. Sadly, I have to draw the line at double breasteds cause i am not thin enough to wear them well imo. Guys like Fred Astaire or Jimmy Stewart look amazing in them , but they had like -12% body fat and were built like whippets.

But My favorite looks are when people mix and blur eras and style lines - like many of us do here (I got that from your pics and many others in this thread - Chad, Wingnut, etc, great stuff) - that's always the coolest style imho, very individualized and so forth. My pomp was partially bleached and i had an earring or two or three but I also wore sport coats, had a beard and smoked a pipe! (think Brian Setzer meets Jack Kerouac). I got some funny looks, to say the least.

pgoat

One Too Many
and now, That 70s Show!

ok, my first fedora....I think I'm 15 here....was going to a Halloween party as "a Blues Brother" (pathetic, I know; I couldn't find anyone else to dress up with me). There were 2 other guys there already as Jake & Elwood so I became a 'blues cousin' for the night.

pgoat

pgoat

ummm.....ok I guess these are big enough?

Mark from Plano

One of the Regulars
Posted this on a thread on "another board" in a discussion of tartan dinner jackets (very serious facial expression is due to trying to get the *****ing timer to work on the camera).

Jacket.jpg

stephen_r_mills

New in Town
what do we look like??

Though accused of resembling Mohandas K Ghandi, the truth is that my genetic story and years brings me closer favoring the actor Ben Kingsley. You are a better judge of such matters.
This, a formal Highland attire, bearing our family tartan of Clan Cameron (the ancient hunting hues) is not such an easy one to find me resembling anyone other than a Scotsman.

We will attempt to wrestle with the image insert process to see if one can be attached as guided by the FAQs of the team here.

with warm regards as one among your newest Fedora Lounge members,

Stephen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen