Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of my Stetson's?

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Hello,

I am new to the lounge and I thought I would show my very first two vintage hats... I just ordered them a couple of weeks ago so they should be here next week... First A Grey 1950's Royal De Lux Stetson Homburg http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330410113293&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT Which I think I over paid by alot... the guy wanted $99 for it... but it was in almost mint condition so I bid $78.70... :kick:

Then my Second Grey-Brown Sovereign Stetson Welted Edge Fedora.... http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270541980992&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT worthlesswithoutpics

[I love these smiles]

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Well, once you have the hats in hand, you'll know how nice they are. But if that Homburg is as nice and minty as it looks, you didn't over-pay. You paid within the normal range for a hat like that, from what I've seen. A fedora style in that shape would probably fetch a higher price.

Anyway, good show.

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:
Well, once you have the hats in hand, you'll know how nice they are. But if that Homburg is as nice and minty as it looks, you didn't over-pay. You paid within the normal range for a hat like that, from what I've seen. A fedora style in that shape would probably fetch a higher price.

Anyway, good show.

Okay that's even better news than I thought ! :eusa_booh

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Joeyeah_right said:
Yeah, that Homburg looks REALLY nice! :)
Will you post photos of it when you get it? I'd love to see them.

Of course... They'll either come Friday or earily next week so when I get them I'll post a ton of pictures, What realy caught my eye is that it was the same hat Michael Corleone wore... so I love the Homburg style hats and the godfather was a great movie so it was realy cool!

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:

Anyway, good show.

How Much do you think it could have gone for?

GallatinHatMan

One of the Regulars
I have one that looks just like it and like it very much. Though, since I got a St. Regis in gray I don't wear it that often now. By the way, the prices look about right to me.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
The homburg is great. I have a rather similar St. Regis, and it is quickly becoming my signature hat.

S. Beagles

Familiar Face
I have two Sovereign Stetsons, one in the Luxuro finish (similar to yours) and the other one is long haired. I think if you'll want to wear that one everyday. Mine is an everyday hat and lands naturally on my head when tossed from any angle. The Homburg is nice too. Lets see a picture of them on you when they arrive.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
StetsonHomburg said:
How Much do you think it could have gone for?

Well, I sold a St. Regis for over $100, and I've seen vintage Stetson fedoras crawl to $200 or so, depending on model and size. There is a reason I don't own a vintage Whippet - in my size they can go for quite a high price!

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
Swweeeeetttt Stetsons,sir! I like the 2nd one especially! Why do they always use those darn creepy-looking corpse-like mannequins to display a vintage/classic fedora???eek!

Nice brims,bro!

HMH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt