Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you use to shave?

BR Gordon

One Too Many
The only modern razor that I have is a Merkur, and I use it as my travel razor, similar in concept to the one above. My absolute favorites are the vintage Gillette "NEW" and they don't leave home.

Where are the pictures of someone using a razor sharp Bowie knife? lol!

How's THIS for "vintage"?

Untitled-9.jpg

DesertDan

One Too Many
I recently picked up a bowl of Taylor of Old Bond Street Lemon & Lime shaving cream.
It is a bit pricey but WOW, Great stuff! I'm going to add a bowl of their Sandalwood to my inventory too.

Also been using Astra platinum blades to good effect. Much better than the Wilkinsons I'd been using.

I recently picked up a bowl of Taylor of Old Bond Street Lemon & Lime shaving cream.
It is a bit pricey but WOW, Great stuff! I'm going to add a bowl of their Sandalwood to my inventory too.

Also been using Astra platinum blades to good effect. Much better than the Wilkinsons I'd been using.

Taylor of Old Bond Street make an outstanding product. I haven't tried the lemon-lime yet, but I might make it my next purchase.

DesertDan

One Too Many
I went to the Tobacconist today and in addition to some nice stogies, picked up a tub of Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood. Can't wait to get up and shave tomorrow!

Yes, my tobacconist is this towns most well equipped wet shave products merchant. They are also a great magazine store too! If they sold bourbon I'd probably never leave! :D

I went to the Tobacconist today and in addition to some nice stogies, picked up a tub of Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood. Can't wait to get up and shave tomorrow!

Yes, my tobacconist is this towns most well equipped wet shave products merchant. They are also a great magazine store too! If they sold bourbon I'd probably never leave! :D

My tobacconist doesn't sell bourbon, so I keep a bottle in my cigar locker.

deMelo

New in Town
Gentlemen's shaving habits

So, lads:

how about a little chat about shaving?

Many of us share a taste for the old ways, and a good kit is always handy.

To me it is a very pleasant part of the day, helps me relaxing, especially because most days I can do it in no hurry, listening to nice jazz music. It actually takes me back in time.

How do you do, and what sort of razor/soap/lather do you fancy?

I myself am an enthusiast of Edwin Jagger's safety razors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails