Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What does one wear with a leather jacket?

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
The B3.... for much of thhis past inter, my B3 has simpyl been the oly coat warm enough to think about wearing out. I have worn it to the office on many occasions - on a day with no formal meetings and wher I don't feel the need to have a suit jacket or blazer on, I'll quite happily wear the B3 over the top of collar, tie, and typically waistcoat (the latter helps by providing pockets for wallet, mobie phone, pens and all the other ephemera one ends up carrying. The B3's own pocket is idea for a pair of gloves, but beyond that....).
When you wear a waistcoat which colour or colours do you use with your jacket?

Edward

Bartender
avedwards said:
When you wear a waistcoat which colour or colours do you use with your jacket?

Typically I just coordinate with the rest of the outfit same as with any piece, really. Dove grey works well with just about anything, especially blues, darker greys, blacks etc. Buff or neutral beige tones are fairly flexible too. My current crop of leathers are primarily brown, so I'm working with that. That means I do avoid blacks to some degree, though I think the B£ works fine over that, and my seal brown A2 looks grand over black. I'd probably be wary of mixing brown and black otherwise, though.

J B said:
2. Also, is it acceptable to wear a tie with one of those cotton/canvas or synthetic flight jackets, such as the various varieties of the B-15 that succeeded the A-2's function in World War II?

I have a tan colored cotton A-2 styled jacket from Sporty's that I really enjoy wearing and often pair it with brown saddle shoes, chinos, dress shirt and 1940's tie.

You can see the jacket here: http://sportys.com/PilotShop/product/9085

Windward

Practically Family
What do I wear with my leather jackets -. . .

My ideas of combinate my different AERO Windward jackets . . .

Black FQHH / white button down shirt / black vintage premium cargo pants / black Alden cap toe blucher:
greybackground_WindwardVintageBlack.jpg

Brown FQHH / khaki button down shirt / brown dressy jeans / havanna brown Alden Medaillon Toe Blucher:
handsinpocketswithoutface.jpg

Cordovan FQHH / polo shirt / brown merino sweater / khaki plain front / Alden cordovan medaillon Toe Blucher:
Windwardfrontview11.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
My view has always been wear a leather jacket with WHATEVER YOU WANT. Ignore the hoopleheads - they still think fleece jackets are a good idea.

Windward

Practically Family
Hi all, thanks a lot for all of your replies!:) !

Regarding the cordovan windward - the fur collar it is NOT detachable.
I've ordered this jacket with alpaca to have a cosy jacket for winter. Its great from 0 C / 38 F untll -10C / 14F
BUT below 14F it feels necessary (for me) to have a shearling lined jacket with throat latch and alpaca in the sleeves plus overlayed with satin . . . and I can't put this idea out of my mind for next order.
I am a "Frostködel" lol - its a german saying for poeple like me . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred