Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What else do you collect?

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dogs & Cats (Mrs. Blaine is a Vet)

'til recent, seven Dogs & six Cats. But we lost our two oldest to the big C this year, so we are at 5 & 6 now.... but fostering a hound mix...

puppy.jpg

puppy3.jpg

puppy2.jpg

from the irresponsible neighbor who SWORE the bitch was spayed, or else we would have done it! Anyway, we got two others from the same litter through Parvo, an ugly disease, but we already have five... so if ANYONE in a two hundred mile radius of Knoxvegas, TN. needs a good hound or gun dog, ( 16 wks. He has had first two sets of shots, one more to go + needs 1st Rabies shot.)... I will drive him to you TONIGHT... after a pot of black coffee, that is. .
:coffee:

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
I have quite a few narrow neckties from the 50's and 60's...and I wear most of them. Look better with my Clubmasters and Fedora than the ugly wide newer ones, although I have a few of those I wear. Probably too many shoes, not that there's anything wrong with that!:)

Bebop

Practically Family
Of course hats seem to be my number one collection. Leather jackets have their own whole closet. Smoking pipes and pipe tobacco (I have about 100 pipes and somewhere around 20 different tobaccos aging in my cellar), watches (last count I had 34), handguns (they come and go but I usually have 5-6 at a time) and as I look around my office, it seems that saxophone mouthpieces are starting to take up too much room. :eusa_doh:

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
*Hats (Obviously)

*Fountain Pens (Not seriously... I use them, and know the very basics of their operation/anatomy; but not a lot of history of companies, how to take apart, fix, etc. Ink and write. No fancy hand, either. Visconti Blue chickenscratch.)

*Vintage Cameras (Again, not seriously. Decoration.)

*Vintage Clothes (I'm learnin')

*I accumulate Auto Union Pins (I keep saying that they're for hat pins, but I can't bring myself to puncture a hole in one of my vintage fedoras. They're in a box right now)

DarkAudit

New in Town
I have a few Gillette DE razors. Newest one is ~41 years old. My current go-to is a '57 red tip. No more of that P&G cheap plastic crap.

I also have a handful of fountain pens. Mostly of the Esterbrook variety. A couple of times I've gone in to a shop and gotten a pen on the cheap, and later found the nib itself was far more valuable than the entire pen. :)

Cool1

New in Town
Songs and Guitars

Been picking since about 1963 and nothing sounds better to me than the sound of a vintage acoustic guitar. Learned a lot of good songs along the way, and just love having a bunch of friends over for beer, barbecue and swapping songs.

MojoStick

New in Town
Mostly I collect WW2 military headgear, knives (US & British), moonshine jugs, dust, cigar box guitars and oh yeah...hats!

DSC02437.jpg

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
I consider myself more an acquirer than collector. Seem to keep buying stuff but nothing particularly notable. I have around 15 guitars, 12 fx pedals, 6 amps, too many old guitar magazines, too many cds & dvds. Only two fedoras so far & one of those is a cheap wool stingy. But I can feel that bug biting me already

M6Classic

One of the Regulars
Panda Moanium said:
Now that's what I call an interesting subject to collect. Good luck with getting the entire collection.

From your avatar, you must also be a connoisseur of the king of cameras? I once had the pleasure of playing with a Leica M3 of 1958 vintage - what a wonderful piece of engineering! The M9 is firmly on my lust-list.
I have a bunch of M series Leicas, but they are tools of the trade, not really a collection. Not that there's anything wrong with an M9, mind you, but the newest Leicas I do or will own are M6 Classics (.72 & .85); I still store all of my pictures on 36mm X 24mm acetate chips.

Buzz

Spats McGee

One Too Many
After reading these posts, I guess I should add watches and clocks to my list. I don't have a huge collection, but more than enough to cover the basic situations.

One Too Many
I like Old Spice

Michaelshane said:
I have a lot of cool stuff....
This is a small part of my razors.

P1050956_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Also,art,guns,shoes,etc,etc,my wife thinks I'm a hoarder...[huh]
1943 Nazi 32 auto.
P1050250_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]
I don,t know other felows but I am using yet this razors and I have not could get Old Spice anymore. Cheers ¡¡ happy owner:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy