Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Famous Person is the Posterboy/Girl?

Novella

Practically Family
How about Charlize Theron?
oscarstheron6mg.jpg

InspectorMorse

One of the Regulars
Well put Matt Deckard! ---good choices!
It seems that "true style" in the classic sense never "goes out of style" as even "the sheep" notice when something special stands out from their bland crowd-even if they don't know why-that's the reason that the "James Bond" type has to ooze style just to pull it all off!
Unrelated sidebar: I remember one university professor I had in undergrad left an impact on me as he truly dressed with style- he just seemed to add an air of authenticity to everything about the class as he seemed to be "right for the role!" Perhaps tha tis where I got the ingredients for my personna in the classroom...Strange how we are impacted and shaped to be what we are on the walk of life!

Mr. Jason

Familiar Face
Ms. Zeta-Jones always seems to look great. I keep trying to think up other ladies but get stuck at Zeta. I'll just say I agree with all the previous posts 74.326%.

Tom Wolfe. That man scares me. What's so classic and manly about suits that look like they fell out of the sherbert machine. To me, style is more than just wearing a coat all the time.

Did someone say Tom Waits??? The oppisite of Mr. Wolfe, I don't often see him wearing a coat but he always looks in style, like he fell out of a box car in 1940something and landed in the modern day.

Ya'll might hang me up to dry for this but what about Mike Ness. Not exactaly "classic" style but he always looks put together. Not in a contrived way but more like he built his outfit for the day. To me that is really what consitutes sytle. Can you show your feelings without saying a word.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Andre Benjamin

I'm not much for rap or hip hop these days. All that 50 Cent crap that they play at the clubs is pure rubbish, but I think Andre 3000 stands out of that crowd.
I think Andre Benjamin from the rap duo Outkast has definitely got an updated classic style. He is always well dressed, usually topped by a fedora or a newsboy cap.
Outkast-Andre-3000-Launches-Fashion-Label-2.jpg

I just saw the trailer for the movie Idlewild, which stars him. It's a Depression-period film. The costumes look a little too much like "The Sting" 's take on 30's clothing, but any effort these days deserves our gratitude.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Sean Connery is the all time classic guy....he's always immaculately dressed, excudes sexiness.... *laughs* actually I just got done watching a movie in it, murder on the Orient Express...he looked good *sighs*

Naama

Practically Family
I just can agree with Gwen Stefani and Andre Benjamin, they just got style! (If Mrs Stefani isn't doing the ghetto look......). I also think that Dita von Teese is very classy, especially for the buissnes she's in.

Naama

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Dita's a smart cookie. Vogue and other magazines used to feature her regularly in their "worst dressed" lists. Dita rejoiced; she realized that a celebrity never gets on a best-dressed list more than several times a year, but someone "badly dressed" can get to be in print every month. Now that Dita has become the designers' darling, she has graduated at last to Vogue's "best dressed" list. Mind you, she's wearing the same vintage clothing as before. Fashion is nonsense.

matei

One Too Many
Hemingway Jones said:
Pierce Brosnon always looks good, even in shortsleeves. He favors slimming tailored suits and jackets and looks great in them. Sadly, too often, photographers put him in T-shirts and jeans to play against his more formal image as, the former, James Bond, but when dressed no one can top him for effortless elegance.

We saw Pierce one day in Dublin, by St. Stephens Green. We nearly ran into him, as neither of us was looking in the right direction. He was crossing the street, talking to his wife. Even if I didn't know him from the screen, he would've stood out. He was impeccably dressed, groomed and seemed to have a "glow" about him.

Nice guy as well - he gladly suffered the impolite tourists who interrupted his conversation to sign some autographs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo