Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What gives you "SWAGGER"?

Opas Coat

Familiar Face
That would be the trade badge. Pilots, Jumpers, Search/ Rescue, and a few others can have two wings while the Air Force has there trade badges with one wing. Most in that picture don't have there trade badges because at that point we were still in trades training.

The very same as the RAF

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Love it Binkie! Here I am dressed to go out with you arm in arm wearing one of my Swagger gowns... I just need to put one of my vintage furs on!
375888940.jpg
BinkieBaumont said:
"A Cravat may cause me to act like a 30's Movie Star, however, my Racoon coat makes me feel like I own the Studio"
3472453938_620d19b9e6.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Ultmate Swagger

This is my first post, but I had to share a funny story on swagger. In the mid 90s, I was still flying in air shows, when I decided to sell my Cockpit A2. It was a good copy back then, but way to hot, and if I wore a Tshirt my neck would chafe on the left lining, which was putting a hole in it. So I put it in the local paper, only one looker, a security guard. He tried it on, I thought for sure the sale was off, he was shale we say, Horizontally Gifted! There was no way he was ever going to even come close to zipping the jacket, he could only get it closed to about his mid sides! He bought it, and smiled all the way out to his car. He said he would look so good on duty waring the A2! I still have an image of him walking his beet, with my jacket and a flashlight with a big smile. Now that is the ultimate swagger!

1*Cool*Kitten

One of the Regulars
WELLL SAID!

Bourbon Guy said:
Swaggger always comes from the inside, out. If your clothes do it for you, it's only because they help you release the personality and presence you already have. It's not the clothes or the hat or whatever. It's you. Once you know that, and own it, and believe it, nothing else matters. Most folks never get it.
:eusa_clap RIGHT DEAD ON! hit it square on the head!I know I feel "funny" (odd,strange,quear) while dressing to go "out" without my usual daily "work wear" on when I have a couple of days off but, as you said, It's all about YOU and how YOU wear the attitude!If the clothes help....so be it![huh]

NY_Confidential

Familiar Face
Bourbon Guy said:
Swaggger always comes from the inside, out. If your clothes do it for you, it's only because they help you release the personality and presence you already have. It's not the clothes or the hat or whatever. It's you. Once you know that, and own it, and believe it, nothing else matters. Most folks never get it.

this would explain why I look good in everything! ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
White tie and tails ala' Adele Astaire (Fred Astaire's older sister), more so than ala' Marlene Dietrich. I had a ball altering and trying it all on, and finally wearing it out and about for Friday and Saturday night, but I'm just too curvy and girly to be the androgenous type...
377083484.jpg

377083294.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran