Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What goes with your A2?

GHQ1

One of the Regulars
C-2%20vest.png

Buzz Rickson's C-2 "vest with sleeves" aircrew sweater . . . .W&G's version looks the same . .

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Today for work - a pair of original officers' pinks, a white short sleeved shirt, Royal Aircraft Establishment tie (cool crest with a pteranodon) and a pair of RM Williams boots (with a russet Perry 42-16175-P, A-2).

CR141

Familiar Face
I have a Good Wear SAT A2 so today I wore a Levi gray pocket t shirt, Levi 560 jeans and Wolverine floaters(by far the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn but sadly they are no longer being made). Really though, I believe the A2 looks good with anything one chooses to wear.

I do want to add to my other post that I will wear my A2 type jacket with khakis, white dress shirt and a 1940's bold look tie and fedora. There are scenes in the Natural where Redford has his leather jacket white dress shirt dress pants and tie topped of with fedora and it really comes off as a nice casual sporty dressy look.

B-24J

One of the Regulars
C-2

]
Where's the "profile"? At the neck? (Can't find any pix of it online, altho if you GIS "glider sweater" you get some lovely female models. SFW, natch.)

I ran across this thread again while looking for info on a different sweater.

Here is a scan of the repro C-2 from a 1998 W&G Catalog...

C-2-WG.jpg

...and a few pics of an original for reference.

C-2-3.jpg

C-2_Label.jpg

C-2_Zip-1.jpg

C-2_Zip-2.jpg

The zipper pics illustrate the color better than the other photos.

John

The A2 is awesome and versatile. It can be casual or somewhat dressy. I wear mine to the office all the time.
Jeans, khakis, t shirt and dress shirts.
Same with the G1. My two faves. Looking for some sweaters like those! Thx for posting.

bentusian

One of the Regulars
How I went to work last Sunday:

DSC02732.jpg

Toy's McCoy A-2, grey chambray shirt, LVC jeans and Redwing Beckman

Last edited:

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Swedish Sweater

The A2 is awesome and versatile. It can be casual or somewhat dressy. I wear mine to the office all the time.
Jeans, khakis, t shirt and dress shirts.
Same with the G1. My two faves. Looking for some sweaters like those! Thx for posting.

Hi ButteMT61,

Have a look at http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=759173 for a Swedish Military Sweater. It is not a C-2, but somewhat like one. They only have Medium and Large sizes. The C-2 is a rather light-thin sweater and the Swedish seems heavier.

John

Hi ButteMT61,

Have a look at http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=759173 for a Swedish Military Sweater. It is not a C-2, but somewhat like one. They only have Medium and Large sizes. The C-2 is a rather light-thin sweater and the Swedish seems heavier.

John

Thanks John - I found those previously, but was sad to see none my size (XXL, or, 50/52 Long)

Thanks for posting it though - might help someone else!

Fifty150

One Too Many
my little town of Pasadena

Ah yes. I know it well. There's a Hillstone Houston's restaurant there. I was refused admission. Now I've been kicked out of places better than that. But that was the first, for me, to be not even let in the door. Supposedly, I was under-dressed. What was I wearing? Tank top, surf shorts, and deck shoes. There were plenty of girls there that night who had more skin on show. Just about every other girl had spaghetti straps & little skirts. My shorts were down to my knees. And it wasn't like I wasn't wearing shoes.

See, this is why people throw bricks through windows.

Jaime

One of the Regulars
Love to wear my Rough Wear RMCNZ just with jeans and boots, two pics of the last winter here in Spain.

1-5.jpg

12_mod.jpg

OldGreyBird

New in Town
I tend to wear my A-2 (a current-issue version that replaced the originals which I'd outgrown) with good jeans and an open-collar white shirt). Upcoming, however, is a cosplay project where it'll be a WW2 AAF uniform component. And I recently lucked onto a cotton version of a mechanic's A-1 sweater---well made, comfortable, great fit (I'm an XL)---it's a product of 'The Nautical Range' in the UK, and it was on sale through National Geographic. Cost was $70, US postage included...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy