Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
yessir

you got some amazing pristine Borsalino hats heading your way friend ... worry not

if I remember correctly ... the green Gorasgu... the golden brown Angora Gorasgu .... an absolutely gorgeous mid grey Alessandria style (possibly my personal favorite) ... a very light grey Alessandria that is literally like a tissue the felt is ridiculous ... and then that grey thin ribbon wide brim pictured above ... that's just off the top of my head there may be more.
... every single one of them a showstopper ...
Oh, I can't wait for my brother-in-law to come to Mexico much longer... I might go get them all next week, after I confirm the final four arrive on Monday.

Thank you sooo much, Anthony!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

In need of a good cleaning, but the seller promised there was no damage. I’ll know soon enough.

3f886761aac70d1f591af6e1262fa36d.png

d1f06e3c20af31cfde5b52fbcfd86ce8.png

2287a25ccb14a83c8c5ea18f6620edb3.png

ee6ce774d2483cdcafef1740d3af40a0.png

97ef208c6a2caffee857d8d1bd8eec56.png

With a bit of work and a new ribbon I think I can resurrect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow.......Palmer House Chicago........if you ever tire of it.;);););););););)
M:)

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Oh, I can't wait for my brother-in-law to come to Mexico much longer... I might go get them all next week, after I confirm the final four arrive on Monday.

Thank you sooo much, Anthony!

Doc:
I’d have to meet him at the border just in case those border guys “like felt”. Ha
I can’t imagine what they are going to think when he shows up with all those hats!!
Just sayin...
B

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Doc:
I’d have to meet him at the border just in case those border guys “like felt”. Ha
I can’t imagine what they are going to think when he shows up with all those hats!!
Just sayin...
B
I asked him to stack them inside a plastic trash bag and bring it as a carry-on on a plane, and under no circumstances to put them inside his luggage. If he is asked about them at the Mexico City airport, he is to say he inherited them from his grandfather.
Do you think they would be damaged if he stacks them inside a couple of plastic bags just for the duration of rhe flight?
The boxes he is going to bring over little by little...

I hadn't noticed that before. I stayed there with my Dad a couple of nights when I first started my postgrad in the U of Illinois at Chicago. That was about 37 years ago, and I still remember it. It was great!

I have been there too....but additionally I like hat finds manufactured or sold in Illinois.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I have been there too....but additionally I like hat finds manufactured or sold in Illinois.
I was born in Acapulco, but I also feel a strong connection to Chicago.
I have lived there for almost nine years total, and my Mom went to Moody Bible Institute downtown.

She was going to join the Peace Corps when she graduated, but decided to take a vacation before she did... And decided on Acapulco, where she met my Dad, and they married two weeks later. They stayed married until she died, about 45 years later.

What a stroke of luck for me! :D

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I asked him to stack them inside a plastic trash bag and bring it as a carry-on on a plane, and under no circumstances to put them inside his luggage. If he is asked about them at the Mexico City airport, he is to say he inherited them from his grandfather.
Do you think they would be damaged if he stacks them inside a couple of plastic bags just for the duration of rhe flight?
The boxes he is going to bring over little by little...

Hell Doc: those hats...you probably won’t even need to steam them to get them back in shape!! The felt’s very obedient. Just pop em back! You be fine Doc!
B

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Sweet homburg! My friend, you already have an excellent collection. I can only imagine what the future will bring!
My Dad told me when I was little that I didn't have to know everything...I just had to have friends who did, and listen to their advice. Thank you for yours, Brent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch