Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Decided to buy my very first hat today. Thought I'd start with one of these before I start moving up to the finer hats.
It's a 1960's Towncraft in dark gray (almost black), with a stingy brim. 4X beaver felt.
Very clean hat! Delivery will be next week, and I can hardly wait! :D

gQoYqvz.jpg

34mZUC7.jpg

pWS44WM.jpg

EtaAnjB.jpg

wV7VjRO.jpg

Rx1uWF5.jpg

Not my style, but looks like a fine hat.

You know the rules..you don't get the secret handshake until you post a head shot.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Decided to buy my very first hat today. Thought I'd start with one of these before I start moving up to the finer hats.
It's a 1960's Towncraft in dark gray (almost black), with a stingy brim. 4X beaver felt.

gQoYqvz.jpg

34mZUC7.jpg

pWS44WM.jpg

EtaAnjB.jpg

wV7VjRO.jpg

Rx1uWF5.jpg

I like a nice stingy and your hat certainly qualifies. Now where’s the head shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MondoFW

Practically Family

gQoYqvz.jpg

34mZUC7.jpg

pWS44WM.jpg

EtaAnjB.jpg

wV7VjRO.jpg

Rx1uWF5.jpg
Congrats, guy! Hope this one encourages you to keep collecting. There's a wonderful (and costly) world of hat to delve into.

gQoYqvz.jpg

34mZUC7.jpg

pWS44WM.jpg

EtaAnjB.jpg

wV7VjRO.jpg

Rx1uWF5.jpg
A very nice, full featured slim brim. I think you will like this one.

OldStrummer

Practically Family
My skin problem recovery is coming along at a very nice pace. Today I got a haircut!

In celebration, I was browsing the Bay, spotted a hat and hit the button.

1960s Stetson Straw Fedora.

s-l1600.jpg

It was sized at 7 1/8 long oval, but the inside hatband measures 22 1/4", which I think will fit me nicely. Especially after a haircut!

Should be arriving by Saturday.

My skin problem recovery is coming along at a very nice pace. Today I got a haircut!

In celebration, I was browsing the Bay, spotted a hat and hit the button.

1960s Stetson Straw Fedora.

s-l1600.jpg

It was sized at 7 1/8 long oval, but the inside hatband measures 22 1/4", which I think will fit me nicely. Especially after a haircut!

Should be arriving by Saturday.

Good to see you back, Fred. Glad the recovery is going well.

Is your new hat a coconut “straw?” Looks interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldStrummer

Practically Family
Good to see you back, Fred. Glad the recovery is going well.

Is your new hat a coconut “straw?” Looks interesting.

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone. It certainly feels better to look better! I still itch, and there is still some redness, but it's oh, so much better!

As for the hat, I didn't bother to ask the seller, and believe he probably wouldn't know. He wrote on the listing, "My grandpa bought this at the Men's Star Clothing store in Yakima WA." He also noted, “This old Stetson Straw hat is in pretty good condition. All of the stitching is intact as is the stitching for the headband. There are sweat stains on the headband and some soiling on the top and bottom of the brim, which is not very noticeable since the tan color of the straw tends to hide it.”

I confess to being overly eager to add a new hat to my collection as a celebratory gesture, so I wasn't spending too much time analyzing it. For what it cost me, I don't really care if it's perfect or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21