Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
My last online order didn't fit well, so went to see Nate
FB_IMG_1563497290435.jpg
in Georgetown as he just received some Sunbody palms. Having him custom crease and steam fit me for this Don William's style straw.

I'm seeing a theme here. Couldn't pass them up at less than $5 each. Size? Someone's size I'm sure!

View attachment 177479

View attachment 177482

View attachment 177480

View attachment 177481

View attachment 177483

View attachment 177484

Unfortunately, you and I are too close in size: if one’s big enough for me you’ll add it to your collection and who’s to blame you? I think you’re going to make some new friends soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

J Williams

Practically Family
How the days events changed. Spur of the moment decision, went to visit David at Texas Hatters...
commissioned him to build me a Half-Breed. Pecan beaver mix & coffee straw. Picked up a cheap palm to go. Dang it Bob...its your fault. lol View attachment 177418 View attachment 177419 View attachment 177420 View attachment 177421

If only a store like this existed anywhere near me. I wandered into what they call a 'hat store' here in the Vancouver area today and even with limited knowledge knew a lot more than the proprietor. There wasn't a single felt hat in the whole joint. Wool blends and some crappy 'panama' hats.

Doing a tour of the Southern US in September - If anyone has any suggestions on where to check out let me know!

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
We have way too many hatshops around the Austin area and around Texas. My favorite custom hatters are Nathaniels in Georgetown, Texas Hatters in Lockhart, Aspen Hattery in Austin, Peter Brothers in Fort Worth, Hatco near Fort Worth, plus dozens of off the shelf shops like Caverders Boot City, Allens Western wear, Boot City, The Hatbox Haberdashery, Goorin Brothers, Tinys Western Shop, Mad Hatters Brim & Shave, Everything Australia, just to name a few.... very dangerous place to live.

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
If only a store like this existed anywhere near me. I wandered into what they call a 'hat store' here in the Vancouver area today and even with limited knowledge knew a lot more than the proprietor. There wasn't a single felt hat in the whole joint. Wool blends and some crappy 'panama' hats.

Doing a tour of the Southern US in September - If anyone has any suggestions on where to check out let me know!
We love the Vancouver area JW. Been there many times. Heading that way again in October and catching a cruise ship out of Vancouver for an 8 day trip.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
But don't set your sights too high. The old , name brand, recognized hat shops I have visited in San Antonio, New Orleans and even Fort Worth - most of the sales staff knew precious little about hats, they carried almost none of the higher quality modern hats, and the custom hats they had were exclusively big, heavy and expensive 20X, 50X, 100X cowboy hats. They were not very interested in making or selling me a full beaver dress weight hat in the $300 +/- range.

We have way too many hatshops around the Austin area and around Texas. My favorite custom hatters are Nathaniels in Georgetown, Texas Hatters in Lockhart, Aspen Hattery in Austin, Peter Brothers in Fort Worth, Hatco near Fort Worth, plus dozens of off the shelf shops like Caverders Boot City, Allens Western wear, Boot City, The Hatbox Haberdashery, Goorin Brothers, Tinys Western Shop, Mad Hatters Brim & Shave, Everything Australia, just to name a few.... very dangerous place to live.

If you hit New Orleans, check out Meyer the Hatter.

As much as I like hats, I’d rather have your weather. We vacation most summers in the San Juans, and we love it! Felt weather year around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
We have way too many hatshops around the Austin area and around Texas. My favorite custom hatters are Nathaniels in Georgetown, Texas Hatters in Lockhart, Aspen Hattery in Austin, Peter Brothers in Fort Worth, Hatco near Fort Worth, plus dozens of off the shelf shops like Caverders Boot City, Allens Western wear, Boot City, The Hatbox Haberdashery, Goorin Brothers, Tinys Western Shop, Mad Hatters Brim & Shave, Everything Australia, just to name a few.... .
"very dangerous place to live" Made me laugh!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk