What hat are you waiting for today?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Jazzcat, Dec 23, 2004.

1. rclark

rclark Call Me a Cab

Hope they send you the size you ordered. I ordered a SB in size 58 from them and they decided to send me a 59. They were kind enough to admit they knew they were sending me the wrong size and hoped that it would fit. Of course it doesn’t and am stuck with a hat that doesn’t fit. That being said, I too ordered a Cedar Brown CD from them and was very pleased with the hat and the service. Still baffled at their service when I ordered the SB CD.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  2. Boomerang

Boomerang One of the Regulars

Yes, a perfectly-fitting size 58 arrived last Friday. That is weird that they would purposely ship an incorrect size.

Zombie_61, deadlyhandsome and rclark like this.
  3. The Shoe

The Shoe A-List Customer

I picked up this Akubra Cattleman cheaply on Japan’s Yahoo auction a couple of days ago. The courier from Hokkaido is a bit steep, but still a pretty good price. It’s due to arrive tomorrow. 198881DC-17B1-42F4-B849-86F3338F489D.jpeg It appears to have a blue tinge, but the seller says it’s greenish.
    I’m guessing it’s the bluegrass green.

4. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Here's a photo of my Bluegrass Green Akubra Campdraft:

[​IMG]

Lighter and slightly more green than in your photo (difference in lighting conditions could account for that), but otherwise I think a pretty good match color-wise right down to the brim binding. In person mine rarely looks blue--more decidedly green with just a hint of blue. Assuming you're correct and it is Bluegrass Green, I hope you like the color as much as I do.

5. The Shoe

The Shoe A-List Customer

Looks good. Either way, it’s quite a different colour from anything I presently own. Can’t wait to get home from work tonight. It should be here waiting for me.

Blare, Boomerang and Zombie_61 like this.
  6. The Shoe

The Shoe A-List Customer

Well, here it is. C998A722-EAB4-4C86-AD75-7D9F1C2A069D.jpeg It’s definitely green, though in some light (and particularly in photos) it has a bluish grey look to it. It took a bit of fiddling with the colour, but this is reasonably close to what I’m seeing.

7. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

It's one of the more interesting and adaptable colors out there.

I once was in Kentucky and dropped it in a field. Took me an hour to find it.

8. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

That was after the Bourbon tour, Right?

9. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Y'know, KY is 50 miles south of me, but I've never done that. I'd have to convince my wife, who isn't much of a drinker - and certainly not a Bourbon drinker.

10. The tours are great but after you've toured one or two distilleries most people just head for the tasting room. Just remember which bus or van you got out of.

11. Blare

Blare My Mail is Forwarded Here

I remember doing the Jim Beam tour some years back and ended up the most violently ill I can remember for about 12 to 24 hours. Not from the alcohol... (Oooh sure right) but I think indirectly. During the Tasting they would basically take the same glasses dunk em in a small water basin and refill for the next guy. You’d think the alcohol would kill most things off. But whatever this was survived the alcohol and kicked my a$$ bad!

12. Wow, sorry to hear of your experience. I've been twice, 4-5 distilleries per tour. I've been to JB. I don't remember any specific Distillery but the freebies samples were in small plastic throwaway shot glasses. Any drink that I bought was served in a Glen Cairn glass.

I'd like to get a hotel & spend 3-4 days there on my own but it won't happen this yr. The Pros told me to stay away from Bardstown's Sept Bourbonfest; crowds are just too big.

Zombie_61, Bamaboots and Blare like this.
  13. johnnycanuck

johnnycanuck Call Me a Cab

Looks like Akubras khaki colour. Never seen it in a Cattleman hat. Very versatile colour. Wear it in good health.
    Johnny

14. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

So, just like high school--s***faced and trying to remember how you're getting home.

Blare likes this.
  15. TheGuitarFairy

TheGuitarFairy A-List Customer

How you're <getting> home ?!
    " Huh ... how the F did i get home?!"

Zombie_61 and Blare like this.
  16. No, not at all...Just remember where your bus is parked since there are so many there. Do I detect you're an anti-?

Zombie_61 and Blare like this.
  17. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

I'm not sure what you mean by an "anti-"; I was just trying to make a dumb joke. *shrug*

TheGuitarFairy likes this.
  18. Tukwila

Tukwila My Mail is Forwarded Here

If I don't pay attention, I can't remember where I parked the car at the grocery store...

19. NewJack

NewJack Practically Family

Found another of my favorite vintage fedoras...Knox Premier Fifth Avenue...Interesting ribbon treatment on this beauty! It's calling me for a good clean up!

upload_2020-8-23_15-29-14.png

upload_2020-8-23_15-29-46.png

upload_2020-8-23_15-30-8.png

upload_2020-8-23_15-30-57.png

upload_2020-8-23_15-31-21.png

upload_2020-8-23_15-31-39.png

20. NewJack, Zombie_61 and Tukwila like this.