Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Fed IV today

20201005_164003.jpg 20201005_164000.jpg

Yahoody

One Too Many
All beaver, silver belly. 6"x 5". Simple hat. Been waiting a month. Some how I was forced into buying 2 new hats in between time :confused:. Three new hats in as many weeks. And pretty much all the same hat.:D Not totally sure how that happened.:rolleyes: New one (newest?) should be here late next week!

hand.jpg

Last edited:
OK ... four black bowlers is probably enough ... for now. Not sure how to date this one, but there was some newspaper behind the sweat dated 1934. More details when it arrives.

View attachment 268006

View attachment 268007

I buy vintage newspapers from the early 20th century and stick them behind sweatbands of hats made in the 1970s and ‘80s. Everyone needs a hobby.

See, I knew you were a shady character :)

Years ago an old game warden told me that that I should have worked for The Department of Fish and Game. He went on to say that the new wardens were all environmentalists and that the agency need outlaws like me with some pirate in them who knew how the other side thought. I wasn’t sure how to take that. Of course he had just caught me duck hunting in a closed area, but that was only because one of the new “environmentalist” wardens told me it was open.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
More of a cap really. Korean War US Army Utility Cap like my Dad's.

View attachment 269823

View attachment 269824
Thanks Bob for posting this. It brought back memories of my Dad who was a Marine back during that time, then of me in mine. It made me pull out a green utility cover i sent my little brother after boot camp. He’s @55 yo now.
I’m awaiting a bunch of never seen pics my Sis found of Pops during his tours. He never shared them with us.
Thanks again.
Bowen

More of a cap really. Korean War US Army Utility Cap like my Dad's.

View attachment 269823
I have one on order similar to that, but it's not an M-1943 like the one in your photo. Propper (the manufacturer) refers to it as a "BDU Patrol Cap" and the crown has a seam around the top to give it it's shape rather than the vertical seams:

JgZ205c.jpg

60% cotton / 40% polyester twill according to the Propper website. I'm still not crazy about ball caps, so I've gone military instead and I think this will make a nice companion to my indigo denim A-3 USAAF Mechanics Cap. :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21