Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

ETBass

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the Lounge! I have 6 Campdrafts and have 2 more on the way. I'm a little biased, but I think you'll like your Taupe Fawn.
Lol. I now have another on the way. I decided to go ahead and order another in Cedar Brown since its been discontinued. I really like the ones I have seen online. If you already have six and are still buying them that's kind of a good endorsement.

Lol. I now have another on the way. I decided to go ahead and order another in Cedar Brown since its been discontinued. I really like the ones I have seen online. If you already have six and are still buying them that's kind of a good endorsement.
Hello, and welcome to The Lounge! If you read through enough of the "hat" threads here you'll discover some of the members here really like Akubra's hats, some really don't, and others don't care much one way or the other. I'm in the "like" camp, and have three Campdrafts, three Fed IVs, and two Hamptons. They aren't the finest hats ever made or even the finest modern hats, but they're decent "working man" hats for reasonable prices.

nvilletele

One of the Regulars
Hey all, it’s been quite a while since I’ve been around the lounge. Posting today as I just ordered myself a couple of new Stetsons, taking advantage of their buy one get one 50% off deal.

The weather has been so warm here in San Diego for so long, it was not the time to wear any felt, but finally things have started to cool. After getting some Black Friday sale deal emails, I decided to get myself a Stratoliner. My old Penny Marathon is very much in the same style, but is just a bit too small for my head, and therefore serves more as room decoration.

So I today ordered a Stratoliner in Silverbelly, and to take advantage of the deal, also ordered a Whippet in Mink.

Yeah, I know these are new and not vintage and all, but I don’t mind.

Each time I buy a new hat, I think I am done and don’t need any more (plus, no more room to keep them all). But hard to resist a deal, and this one was not bad.

But next time, maybe I will just go with another Gannon.

Hey all, it’s been quite a while since I’ve been around the lounge. Posting today as I just ordered myself a couple of new Stetsons, taking advantage of their buy one get one 50% off deal.

The weather has been so warm here in San Diego for so long, it was not the time to wear any felt, but finally things have started to cool. After getting some Black Friday sale deal emails, I decided to get myself a Stratoliner. My old Penny Marathon is very much in the same style, but is just a bit too small for my head, and therefore serves more as room decoration.

So I today ordered a Stratoliner in Silverbelly, and to take advantage of the deal, also ordered a Whippet in Mink.

Yeah, I know these are new and not vintage and all, but I don’t mind.

Each time I buy a new hat, I think I am done and don’t need any more (plus, no more room to keep them all). But hard to resist a deal, and this one was not bad.

But next time, maybe I will just go with another Gannon.

Vintage and custom hats are great, but I too have a place in my rotation for some of the modern Stetsons. Looking forward to seeing your new additions.

Hello, and welcome to The Lounge! If you read through enough of the "hat" threads here you'll discover some of the members here really like Akubra's hats, some really don't, and others don't care much one way or the other. I'm in the "like" camp, and have three Campdrafts, three Fed IVs, and two Hamptons. They aren't the finest hats ever made or even the finest modern hats, but they're decent "working man" hats for reasonable prices.
I am in the 'like' cohort....owning customs, vintage and a few moderns.....the Akubra has a deserving place in my collection. A very decent hard wearing hat for a great price. Every hat wearing man should have at least one Akubra on hand.

Due in this week. Barbisio (yay!)
BARBISIO-Classic-Grey-Grigio1.jpg
bar1.jpg

And somewhere in the foreseeable future. Various others (also yay!).
knox1.jpg
fab1.jpg
playboy1.jpg
Blupo 1.jpg
cam1.jpg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

FedoraRedHat

One of the Regulars
I'm currently waiting for a Stetson Stratoliner Special Edition in True Blue from Delmonico Hatter. Package is currently delayed by USPS (In Transit, Arriving Late w/ No Location). Mail delivery is strange sometimes.

I'm also thinking of posting a thread detailing my year-end hat modifications. I will be changing out the bands on some of my felts and straws. Let me know if this is too common an idea for a thread.

ETBass

One of the Regulars
Can't wait to see the True Blue!!
I'm currently waiting for a Stetson Stratoliner Special Edition in True Blue from Delmonico Hatter. Package is currently delayed by USPS (In Transit, Arriving Late w/ No Location). Mail delivery is strange sometimes.

I'm also thinking of posting a thread detailing my year-end hat modifications. I will be changing out the bands on some of my felts and straws. Let me know if this is too common an idea for a thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto