Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

I'm currently waiting for a Stetson Stratoliner Special Edition in True Blue from Delmonico Hatter. Package is currently delayed by USPS (In Transit, Arriving Late w/ No Location). Mail delivery is strange sometimes.

I'm also thinking of posting a thread detailing my year-end hat modifications. I will be changing out the bands on some of my felts and straws. Let me know if this is too common an idea for a thread.

True Blue is a great color. Is the Special Edition Royal or Royal Deluxe?

johng70

New in Town
Wearing my Pecan Wellema...
i-4pVpSKG-M.jpg

i-zgnxVNJ-M.jpg

i-VdBqmtg-M.jpg

...Currently awaiting a callback from USPS regarding the delayed package.
Seems to be a lot of that going around lately. One of their people left a message on my phone a few days ago saying they had absolutely no record of receiving the package from the shipper, even though they had scanned it through two different USPS locations before it went missing nearly three weeks ago. My money is on "It's in a forgotten trailer somewhere in one of their yards that hasn't been unloaded yet because they're focusing on the Priority shipments," but no one there would dare to admit to that.

Seems to be a lot of that going around lately. One of their people left a message on my phone a few days ago saying they had absolutely no record of receiving the package from the shipper, even though they had scanned it through two different USPS locations before it went missing nearly three weeks ago. My money is on "It's in a forgotten trailer somewhere in one of their yards that hasn't been unloaded yet because they're focusing on the Priority shipments," but no one there would dare to admit to that.

There’s a lot of this. I get the 2-day priority shipping taking 3 or 4 days, but 2-3 weeks?

1E0946E3-8326-4673-BBEA-B7B8191A1D35.jpeg
E9B3B6F4-3F0B-4EB2-AFAB-60D192078A90.jpeg

Snowman

Practically Family
I am seeing mail trucks up and down my street 4 or 5 times a day, often never stopping. They turn around at the end and speed back down. We get our mail at all hours, or not at all. I’ve had several packages marked “delivered” that didn’t come, and when I call the post office they say “we will have that brought out to you.” And did I mention lost in transit items that they don’t admit are lost? One company automatically gave me a refund when I inquired about the whereabouts of my order - I guess they are used to it!

I am seeing mail trucks up and down my street 4 or 5 times a day, often never stopping. They turn around at the end and speed back down. We get our mail at all hours, or not at all. I’ve had several packages marked “delivered” that didn’t come, and when I call the post office they say “we will have that brought out to you.” And did I mention lost in transit items that they don’t admit are lost? One company automatically gave me a refund when I inquired about the whereabouts of my order - I guess they are used to it!
The USPS is still trying to recover from the Postmaster General's widely publicized tampering earlier this year. Until that happened our mail was delivered between 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. nearly every day for the 21 years we've lived here; now it's not uncommon to see them delivering it at 9:00-10:00 p.m., or not at all. And larger packages are delivered by a separate truck and courier. And twice in the last six months their "tracking" said a package was delivered on a day when we received no mail whatsoever, but those packages were delivered the following day...along with the missing mail.

I bought this one on eBay yesterday. Much thanks to @Bamaboots who helped me with some insight as I am new to all of this. This is my first vintage hat purchase. Anyone who knows info on this one I appreciate it. It was advertised as a 1940's Open Road though I see no markings to indicate that it is.
nj9tE7i.jpg

OG5AzVy.jpg

ePrYw9M.jpg

m9UJTId.jpg

62kbNB5.jpg

jvrqsHY.jpg

I don’t think it’s an Open Road based on the three cord “ribbon,” but it’s a really great hat in any case! That’s a hat that most all of us should love to own: congratulations!

I bought this one on eBay yesterday. Much thanks to @Bamaboots who helped me with some insight as I am new to all of this. This is my first vintage hat purchase. Anyone who knows info on this one I appreciate it. It was advertised as a 1940's Open Road though I see no markings to indicate that it is.
nj9tE7i.jpg

OG5AzVy.jpg

ePrYw9M.jpg

m9UJTId.jpg

62kbNB5.jpg

jvrqsHY.jpg
Fantastic find. Congratulations

Snowman

Practically Family
nj9tE7i.jpg

OG5AzVy.jpg

ePrYw9M.jpg

m9UJTId.jpg

62kbNB5.jpg

jvrqsHY.jpg
Congrats! Looks like a great hat!

ETBass

One of the Regulars
Looks to be in good shape, congrats.

It may not be an Open Road, but a Vita-Felt for your first vintage is a heck of a start @ETBass ! Great looking hat. Wear it in good health.

Fantastic find. Congratulations

I appreciate the feedback guys!! I am excited to get it. As I said @Bamaboots input pushed me over the edge. I am really enjoying the forum and am learning a lot. The help from Greg made me feel confident in the purchase. Will post up some more pics when I get my hands on it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy