Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

209C2ECC-9449-4E12-8061-D011C13593D5.png

::Nod:: @deadlyhandsome

Hoping against hope that the beaver Hornskov’s we ordered arrive tomorrow in time for Christmas. My wife’s Low Author...and my Broker...they left Denmark on December 10.

Great hat choices Gary! Love the brim curl on the Broker. I hope they arrive in time and that y'all have a wonderful Christmas.

Still waiting on my Anton Peschel (post #6807). It's been stuck in Limbo - otherwise known as Oak Vreek, WI - for several days.

Waiting for the dam to burst...
The postal abyss is real right now. I have a special one that hasn’t shown any movement since leaving Tyler, TX 10 days ago. And a non hat delivery that danced around TN for 4 or 5 days before stopping in Jax and not moving.

The postal abyss is real right now. I have a special one that hasn’t shown any movement since leaving Tyler, TX 10 days ago. And a non hat delivery that danced around TN for 4 or 5 days before stopping in Jax and not moving.

I've been reading about some of the backups. Three hour wait for postal trucks to unload at a distribution center in Boston (!). Plus, of course they got some weather up there, too.

Still waiting on my Anton Peschel (post #6807). It's been stuck in Limbo - otherwise known as Oak Creek, WI - for several days.

Waiting for the dam to burst...
I ordered a cap last month that, according to tracking, was received by the USPS on November 16th. I've filed two "Where's my package?" reports because it's been bouncing between Missouri and Tennessee for the last five weeks. First they told me they never received it, but didn't have an answer when I asked what they were tracking with the number I was given and subsequently provided to them. The second report was acknowledged by a phone call from a woman somewhere within the organization who stopped just short of admitting they didn't really know where the package was, but that it was probably in the back of a USPS trailer somewhere that hadn't been unloaded yet. *shrug* It was finally scanned this morning after sitting in Memphis for two weeks; I have no idea where it's headed now, but I won't be too surprised if it ends up somewhere in the middle east. o_O

I shouldn't watch auctions for hats that don't fit me. This O'Farrell custom appeared to be going for the opening bid, so I tossed one out there that was just a bit higher and won it for $9.00. It's from 1991 and is between a 6-7/8 and 7. I think the red liner had a lot to do with my weakness ... :rolleyes:

upload_2020-12-29_21-39-22.png
upload_2020-12-29_21-40-12.png

upload_2020-12-29_21-45-20.png

I might trade it to some Dutch "dude" that needs more westerns. :D

The Shoe

One Too Many
Hoping against hope that the beaver Hornskov’s we ordered arrive tomorrow in time for Christmas. My wife’s Low Author...
View attachment 294084 View attachment 294085
and my Broker
View attachment 294086
...they left Denmark on December 10.

Beautiful hats Gary. Fingers crossed

Great hat choices Gary! Love the brim curl on the Broker. I hope they arrive in time and that y'all have a wonderful Christmas.

Good news!
These hats are in Japan and cleared customs this morning (New Year’s eve). With the post office closed from the first to the third (except for New Year card delivery), I’m expecting them on the 4th. The post office is pretty efficient over here once the package is in the country.

Good news!
These hats are in Japan and cleared customs this morning (New Year’s eve). With the post office closed from the first to the third (except for New Year card delivery), I’m expecting them on the 4th. The post office is pretty efficient over here once the package is in the country.
Good news

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner