Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

I’ve never owned a Mallory this old before:

68AF9E1F-DF0E-4259-AFC6-B38B25F86E88.jpeg

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
I ordered a BGGCD to replace one that I really don't like the crease in it. Plus I just wanted a new CD but have no use for black and I have all other colors. Unfortunately the day after I ordered it from The Hattery, truck drivers in Australia went on strike. I was sent a notice that it is very possible my order will be delayed. Oh well.

FedoraRedHat

One of the Regulars
The hat I'm waiting for is my own. I shipped my Midnight Stetson Saxon to JJ Hat Center for a hat band change. The Stetson Saxon originally arrived from JJ Hat Center with a non-standard 1 inch band (the feather is mine):

DSC_0537.JPG

The Saxon originally comes with a 1-5/8 inch to a 1-3/4 inch band. I was able to find grosgrain ribbon with a 1-3/4 inch width in Navy. This width of grosgrain ribbon is extremely hard to find. So far, the only color that I was able to find it in was Navy, so I apparently got lucky. I shipped the ribbon with the hat.

The staff at JJ Hat Center was extremely helpful. They let me pick the styling for the bow as well. I asked them to style it like the standard Stetson Saxon bow, which they said that they could do. They have received my hat shipment, and they said that they will be in touch soon with more details. I hope that this works out for the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112