Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

JackieMatra

A-List Customer
Usually things that I purchase from abroad make it through U.S.A. customs within a day or, rarely, two,
however, a recent purchase of three hats from England was stuck in customs for just over a week.
It was further unusual in that FedEx sent me a curious e-mail, prior to their shipping the hats, inquiring as to just precisely "what kind of hats" they were and what they were made of and whether they were "woven" or not.
The above led me to suspect that there was a security alert in effect to particularly look out for possibly weaponized hats. ;)

I recently purchased a wallet from Australian Gear. It sat in ISC NY from January 22 until February 1. That was also during some of the heavy snow they got on the east coast.

Sometimes you just have to wait for them to sober up and finish the euchre tournament...

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
I recently purchased a wallet from Australian Gear. It sat in ISC NY from January 22 until February 1. That was also during some of the heavy snow they got on the east coast.

Sometimes you just have to wait for them to sober up and finish the euchre tournament...

Good point.

Federal service is not what it once was - glad to finally be retired!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This is a work in progress, it's almost finished. It's a bespoke made model by a talented milliner. A commission that I placed to finish off an outfit that is a light blue, linen suit. I can't say too much, but I can reveal more later. It's not from one of the well established hat companies, however, I am seriously impressed with it. Any comments?
ewh.jpg
awip.jpg

RJR

This is a work in progress, it's almost finished. It's a bespoke made model by a talented milliner. A commission that I placed to finish off an outfit that is a light blue, linen suit. I can't say too much, but I can reveal more later. It's not from one of the well established hat companies, however, I am seriously impressed with it. Any comments?
View attachment 45097
View attachment 45096
It looks very nice.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
So my RM Williams Akubra arrived yesterday from Spectrum On-line and it is very nice. The color is a very dark brown, the felt is very good and the pouncing is typical of Akubras.

However, this is not my size of 58. Rather it is easily 60 or larger. I can put my open hand in there and still have ample wiggle room inside. Akubra size control laid an egg on this one. I am sure that I will get the usual advice that Akubras shrink to fit as has been the case with my 4 other Akubras, but this is not possible considering the degree of difference here.

Grrrrrrr

Attachments

• IMG_6291.JPG
    IMG_6291.JPG
    907 KB · Views: 141
I put down the deposit today and got in the queue for a Leon Drexler custom. The downside is that he is backed up and has a big project that will keep him busy throughout the summer so my wait will be a long one. Expected delivery is October. But that is okay as I wanted to add a custom Homburg and he has such a great selection of models. Have not decided as yet but leaning toward the "Londoner" in bourbon felt. Technically it is not a true homburg but it fits what I am looking for.

Snortman45

Familiar Face
Well, this morning I ordered two black ivy caps from Village Hat Company, because my wife thinks I look better wearing an ivy cap than the hat in my profile. I bought one wool and one bamboo, so that I should be good for both the cool and warm months. Hopefully they'll be here by next weekend. I'll post pics when they arrive.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
just landed another bucket list hat ... very excited

it popped up on the bay this morning ... I made an offer and after a little negotiating I scored

her buy it now price was bananas ... so I used my usual offer tactic and we came to an agreement

40s Royal Deluxe Turf Club ... these are the sellers pics obviously ... and the pics do not represent the color correctly ... apparently there is a very light green tint to the tannish color ... can't wait to see it in person

she also swears it is in unworn condition ... we shall see .. they all say that ... but the sweat looks nearly mint and there is no staining and zero discoloration ...

I am excited to land another of my grail hats ...

turf.jpg

turf_2.jpg

turf_3.jpg

turf_4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot