Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

First time I've seen this name...Did some digging and found a bit of background...Probably posting in the wrong thread but I get excited like that!!

Good get, NewJack! I was just convoing with the seller earlier getting the size sorted out. That's a sweet thin ribbon.

Can't wait for pix on your noggin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hatband

One of the Regulars
Still waiting for the Stetsonian in Light Grey, I have been advised it will be another two weeks. Fingers, toes and everthing else crossed.

Yes. It does. I've learned that the original OR set the standard for others to imitate!
I think I have a Hardeman, I left it at my wife's Aunt's house in MA last year. It was an OR clone too, but the band was messed up so I had Optimo clean and reband it with a mid-ribbon. I'll have to check it out when we go back for a visit in May.

I think I have a Hardeman, I left it at my wife's Aunt's house in MA last year. It was an OR clone too, but the band was messed up so I had Optimo clean and reband it with a mid-ribbon. I'll have to check it out when we go back for a visit in May.

Some sailors have a woman in every port.

You have a hat in every port?

hatband

One of the Regulars
Who did you order it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Delmonico, started discussions in August last year. I am quite ok with Delmonico's they put the order through, Stetson just seem to take forever.
I thought that they might wait for a certain number of orders per colour, but if its in the catalogue, you'd think they would make some available to sell asap.
I have a Racine in Caribou and a Grand Central in Silverbelly they both took a while but nothing like this......
Like a few other's around here ,I was thinking of ordering a few more will have to think a bit more about it, I suppose it's all about how long are you willing to wait.

From Delmonico, started discussions in August last year. I am quite ok with Delmonico's they put the order through, Stetson just seem to take forever.
I thought that they might wait for a certain number of orders per colour, but if its in the catalogue, you'd think they would make some available to sell asap.
I have a Racine in Caribou and a Grand Central in Silverbelly they both took a while but nothing like this......
Like a few other's around here ,I was thinking of ordering a few more will have to think a bit more about it, I suppose it's all about how long are you willing to wait.

It's interesting that, when my order was first filled, and Mr. DelMonico didn't think it was up to snuff, the replacement order was filled in about 6 weeks. Yet you've been waiting since August. In other words, my replacement order was filled during the time you've been waiting. That's nuts.

Like you, I had my eye on a few things from last year's catalogue. Had the first order been filled in a timely manner, I probably would have ordered a couple more. I'm very happy with the product. I did pick up a Racine at the outlet in Garland in January, but ordering out of the catalogue is dicey at best.

hatband

One of the Regulars
It's crazy, just imagine if you went to Garland, bought me a hat and posted it to me here in Australia, I would have it much sooner Ha Ha.

I hope the hat is worth the wait.I was very pleased with the felt quality of the two I have, the Racine and the Grand Central they are much softer than any of my Akubra's ( I have 3).

For me It will be worth the wait. I have the Stetsonian in Tawny but it is stiffer than the other two Stetson's, I got it the year before the 150 year celebration.

How do you rate the felt on your Light Grey Stetsonian?

In comparing it with the Racine, both of which have very nice felt, it is lighter and to my hand a bit thinner. It shapes and reshapes easily, and is very soft. The Racine is also very soft, but seems to be thicker. I can see wearing the Stetsonian in the summer months, but the Racine will likely be shelved.

Reactions: RJR

hatband

One of the Regulars
Thanks,the felt sounds like it's more easily shaped, thinner, than my Tawny Stetsonian. Looking forward to getting this in my hands.

If I were to consider another Stetson, the new model coming out soon, the "New York" looks good. I saw it on Deckard's Instagram, and in the new catalogue.
Phantom Grey colour sounds interesting.

g.durand

One Too Many
A lazy fishing trip produced this yesterday. I've been keeping my eyes open for a coveted Stetson 7XCB but these keep turning up. Not that I'm complaining...

s-l1600%206_zpsluo7dqhc.jpg

s-l1600%208_zpsptdwtcre.jpg

s-l1600%2010_zpss6rdpadm.jpg

s-l1600%209_zpsh8nut9bo.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Well sorta sight unseen... They were kind enuff to send me some pics. They offered to steam n clean it up before shipping and tweak the brim a bit.

No. If I was getting it from JJ I would gotten it in that great looking Light Silver like yours and not the Tawny. I got it sight unseen from the factory outlet. Tawny was the only color available. Beggars can't be choosers... :)

Too cool. Is that a 7 1/4? Do they have more? What was the price?

You're going to be very happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff