Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Too cool. Is that a 7 1/4? Do they have more? What was the price?

You're going to be very happy.
Thanks. Im hoping so. Yes it's a 7 1/4. No they dont have any more at the moment. Its was $129.00 with a 30% off sale, so it ended up costing $90.00 out the door + shipping. They were so nice and the service was top quality.

Thanks. Im hoping so. Yes it's a 7 1/4. No they dont have any more at the moment. Its was $129.00 with a 30% off sale, so it ended up costing $90.00 out the door + shipping. They were so nice and the service was top quality.

Cool. Better deal than I got on my Racine. I didn't get the 30%.

And yes, they are very nice and helpful there.

Picture2.jpg

I bought this Winston fedora from Matt (Historyteach24) late last week through the Classifieds.

Winston_Porkpie_6_zpsruguwgf6.jpg

He converted it from what was probably a factory Teardrop to a Telescope crease to give it more of a "Pork Pie" appearance. It has some issues, most noticeably several obvious moth bites on the upper surface of the brim, but a hat with that much character for what I think was an extremely reasonable price...well, I couldn't resist. I just hope it fits. :p

I bought this Winston fedora from Matt (Historyteach24) late last week through the Classifieds.

Winston_Porkpie_6_zpsruguwgf6.jpg

He converted it from what was probably a factory Teardrop to a Telescope crease to give it more of a "Pork Pie" appearance. It has some issues, most noticeably several obvious moth bites on the upper surface of the brim, but a hat with that much character for what I think was an extremely reasonable price...well, I couldn't resist. I just hope it fits. :p

Had my eye on that one as well, Zombie. That's a good snag. Love the ribbon work.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Another Camp Draft from Everything Australian. Tawny.
Love the Tawny CD! In fact, I really like all the Camp Drafts. The quality is not entirely consistent, but when they make a good one it is really top notch! I think I may have gotten an odd BGCD. The felt is soft enough but doesn't feel anything like the silverbelly or tawny. Much less firm of felt.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Love the Tawny CD! In fact, I really like all the Camp Drafts. The quality is not entirely consistent, but when they make a good one it is really top notch! I think I may have gotten an odd BGCD. The felt is soft enough but doesn't feel anything like the silverbelly or tawny. Much less firm of felt.

My BGG is way softer than my other CDs as well

Another Camp Draft from Everything Australian. Tawny.
I think you mean Taupe Fawn. I wish they made the Campdraft in Tawny Fawn, 'cause I really like that color.

By the way, my Taupe Fawn Campdraft is by far the stiffest hat I've ever owned, and that includes the cheap wool "cowboy" hats I had when I was a kid. It has softened up somewhat after working the felt by re-shaping the crown and brim a few times, but it's still a bit stiffer than my other Akubras. So, yeah, Akubra's quality control seems to be all over the map, but I can't say I've ever received a "bad" hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou