Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

The Shoe

One Too Many
Waiting to get two of my hats back. They’re due to arrive tomorrow. I sent my bowler in for the sweatband to be reattached or a replaced and my Christys’ Trilby to have the fabric sweatband replaced with leather.
Re the bowler, they suggested chopping just under 1cm off the original sweatband and reusing it, saying they would do their best to keep the Crosby and Company logo intact. I took their advice, but do wonder if I should have just had them replace it and return the original sweatband to me. I’ve never had work done on any of my hats before, so am a bit nervous to see how they turn out.
The Christys…
37BE695B-7DD9-4CFF-A5C9-5F654200F883.jpeg

and the bowler
99858CB1-7FA8-441C-ABB3-4F073557AD74.jpeg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Waiting to get two of my hats back. They’re due to arrive tomorrow. I sent my bowler in for the sweatband to be reattached or a replaced and my Christys’ Trilby to have the fabric sweatband replaced with leather.
Re the bowler, they suggested chopping just under 1cm off the original sweatband and reusing it, saying they would do their best to keep the Crosby and Company logo intact. I took their advice, but do wonder if I should have just had them replace it and return the original sweatband to me. I’ve never had work done on any of my hats before, so am a bit nervous to see how they turn out.
The Christys…
View attachment 420136
and the bowler
View attachment 420138

Both hats look great.

The Shoe

One Too Many
My hats arrived today. I’m pretty happy.
The Christys’ now has a machine stitched plain black leather sweat with no markings. It feels much better on my head now. I was worried that replacing the thin fabric sweatband with leather would tighten this already smallish 59. But it actually feels like it’s loosened up a little, but the leather sweatband still makes it sit on my head with more stability than before.
D240BE18-88B1-4323-B89D-865FF6C7CBF3.jpeg

The bowler has had just under 1cm chopped off the sweatband and been hand-sewn back in place. I don’t think I measured it before sending it away, but it’s 4.5cm now, so must have been a pretty substantial sweatband before. @steur may know the original width. Anyway, I was pleased that they managed to keep the Crosby and Company mark fully intact.
AC791242-2C8D-4DC1-B880-631092EFE6C5.jpeg

The Christys’ now has a machine stitched plain black leather sweat with no markings. It feels much better on my head now. I was worried that replacing the thin fabric sweatband with leather would tighten this already smallish 59. But it actually feels like it’s loosened up a little, but the leather sweatband still makes it sit on my head with more stability than before.
View attachment 420371
The bowler has had just under 1cm chopped off the sweatband and been hand-sewn back in place. I don’t think I measured it before sending it away, but it’s 4.5cm now, so must have been a pretty substantial sweatband before. @steur may know the original width. Anyway, I was pleased that they managed to keep the Crosby and Company mark fully intact.
View attachment 420370
Good to see the sweatband preserved, Gary. Sometimes it's just the stitching thread that has come apart and sometimes it's the leather. Looks like they cut off very little of the sweatband, maybe about half a centimeter.

View attachment 420371
View attachment 420370
Wow. Impressive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24