Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

"Cicard". You'll see what it really is when I get it.

cir1.jpeg
cir3.jpeg

Capello Vaso

pul1.jpeg
pul3.jpeg

Borsalino
hut1.jpg
hut3.jpg

Peaked my interest as well. I think I remember Alan has one similar. Definitely a bit of a historical piece. A time when they started making a felt for hats from plastic out of necessity during the war.. as opposed to the reasons of today.

Plastic was a new wonder material and wasn’t synonymous with cheapness at the time. For the price, I wanted it just to feel it, and maybe display it at some point.

Plastic was a new wonder material and wasn’t synonymous with cheapness at the time. For the price, I wanted it just to feel it, and maybe display it at some point.
I think you definitely got it right. It’s a nice little piece of history. I’m interested to know your thoughts when you have it in hand.

O’Farrell of Santa Fe pure beaver.

IMG_6266.jpeg

IMG_6267.jpeg

IMG_6268.jpeg

IMG_6269.jpeg

IMG_6270.jpeg

IMG_6271.jpeg

Scott (Kevin O’Farrell’s son and the owner of O’Farrell Hat Co.) at some point dropped the “O’” — or never had it. I had never noticed before. Maybe it was a stage name (?). I see it referenced both ways in web and magazine articles.

IMG_6272.jpeg

This video also lists Kevin as just Farrell.

Maybe Farrell Hats was too close to Feral Cats ...

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I’m looking for a fun summer beater and have been eyeing the Stetson Premier Stratoliner for maybe a year now. Even though it’s not as exciting as the vintage hats, I won’t feel like I have to baby it.

It’s been on offer at Walmart for $160 with free shipping and I don’t know if that’s some kind of scam (a Walmart hat??) but they only had three left when I landed on the page yesterday so I went for it.

I am now officially three months in the red of my hat budget. If this keeps up, I’m gonna have to start selling organs.

IMG_9061.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL