Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

1710451382369.png

georgie girl

One of the Regulars
I'm waiting on two hats... oddly both from the same proximity (staten island and oyster bay), although my cousin who lives on Long Island would probably beg to differ. A Borsalino (my first) and surprised my low bid caught what appears to be a 20-30's Dobbs, Leisure Luxury. Does anyone know when Dobbs stopped using the "Dobbs & Co" on their logos, as I assume (perhaps in error) that that would pre-date the "Dobbs" under the skinny lions?

I've looked through the Borsalino Brotherhood thread, but really have no idea the age bracket of it w/o a liner only that it has a blue (black?) cloth tag.
Cheers

Attachments

• oatmeal dobbs5.jpg
    oatmeal dobbs5.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 31
  • oatmeal dobbs1.jpg
    oatmeal dobbs1.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 33
  • borsalino2.jpg
    borsalino2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 33
  • borsalino3.jpg
    borsalino3.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 29

MikeinRome

Practically Family
I'm waiting on two hats... oddly both from the same proximity (staten island and oyster bay), although my cousin who lives on Long Island would probably beg to differ. A Borsalino (my first) and surprised my low bid caught what appears to be a 20-30's Dobbs, Leisure Luxury. Does anyone know when Dobbs stopped using the "Dobbs & Co" on their logos, as I assume (perhaps in error) that that would pre-date the "Dobbs" under the skinny lions?

I've looked through the Borsalino Brotherhood thread, but really have no idea the age bracket of it w/o a liner only that it has a blue (black?) cloth tag.
Cheers
I'm guessing around late 40's or 50's on the Borsalino. I have a real similar one. Steur says about 1954 to 1960, and he knows way more than I do.

georgie girl

One of the Regulars
I'm guessing around late 40's or 50's on the Borsalino. I have a real similar one. Steur says about 1954 to 1960, and he knows way more than I do.
Thank you both, once I receive the Borsalino, I'll check for the tag inside the sweat because I know that is important... probably take new photos and post in the new hats thread.

MikeinRome

Practically Family
Thank you both, once I receive the Borsalino, I'll check for the tag inside the sweat because I know that is important... probably take new photos and post in the new hats thread.
These hats are called Marque Grand Luxe, abbreviated MGL on the Lounge, unless you've got something different.

Cheers
I’m so glad you got that Dobbs. Was hoping it would turn up here. Definitely at least as old as 1930s. Great addition!!!

Adding to my straw collection with this hybrid boater/fedora. I'm not sure what to call it, can't find the brand anywhere, but looks quality (lined and with a leather sweat). And I where a "skimmer" wouldn't be my look, I think this one will be pretty cool. Anyone seen anything like it before? View attachment 602199 View attachment 602200 View attachment 602201
I have seen a couple times this boater style weaving shaped in a fedora style.. but not very often For sure. It makes a nice look in my opinion. Great addition

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner