Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
these recent posts strangely reminded me of this quote ... which I love and have kept it close to me for most of my life and lived by it

but I think it pertains here ... I have been a fedora wearer for almost my whole life ... but when I got into the vintage side of things I was told by some folks here .... you have to know what you are doing while searching ... and ... there is a skill to finding things on eBay ... and ... you will learn through failure and bad purchases what to look for ... on and on ...

all true and all great advice ... but persistence is the only consistent truth

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
- Calvin Coolidge

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
these recent posts strangely reminded me of this quote ... which I love and have kept it close to me for most of my life and lived by it

but I think it pertains here ... I have been a fedora wearer for almost my whole life ... but when I got into the vintage side of things I was told by some folks here .... you have to know what you are doing while searching ... and ... there is a skill to finding things on eBay ... and ... you will learn through failure and bad purchases what to look for ... on and on ...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
- Calvin Coolidge

IMO, excellent post Anthony!

To case, I have a small corner of my hat wardrobe that are misses, big misses and even "what was I thinking" acquisitions. Hat misses might be a great thread idea. We can certainly get fooled by the great hats posted in the WHAYWT thread into thinking that there are those lucky folks who find all the great ones. No idea of the misses and the plethora of hats passed on. I bet even those who have formidable collections have a great "missed stories." I like to think I have learned from my "miss hats."

I make many errors all day. In whole, I make more successes than errors. Persistent, Eric -

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
IMO, excellent post Anthony!

To case, I have a small corner of my hat wardrobe that are misses, big misses and even "what was I thinking" acquisitions. Hat misses might be a great thread idea. We can certainly get fooled by the great hats posted in the WHAYWT thread into thinking that their are those lucky folks who find all the great ones. No idea of the misses and the plethora of hats passed on. I bet even those who have formidable collections have a great "missed stories." I like to think I have learned from my "miss hats."

I make many errors all day. In whole, I make more successes than errors. Persistent, Eric -

absolutely Eric

many misses here... many

but in my hat room I finally have more home runs than swings at a perfect breaking ball that twisted me into a pretzel as I swung for the fences

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

- Calvin Coolidge
Great.

Mm25

One Too Many

- Calvin Coolidge

Moon that quote and this one share my office wall.

Theodore Roosevelt
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Just got 2 mails today, one from Gannon he is working already on my bone beaver and will begin to work right away after this one on my black cherry Dillinger...

Second was from Peters Bros, they will ship today 2 hemps...

Pics from the nice guys at PB.

db6f13484986e686a240615a9b713bba.jpg
2a0ee653078388e38eb01ef5411df839.jpg
5239c3bc9587e79f8f1bd63cdd27773a.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

RJR

Just got 2 mails today, one from Gannon he is working already on my bone beaver and will begin to work right away after this one on my black cherry Dillinger...

Second was from Peters Bros, they will ship today 2 hemps...

Pics from the nice guys at PB.

db6f13484986e686a240615a9b713bba.jpg
2a0ee653078388e38eb01ef5411df839.jpg
5239c3bc9587e79f8f1bd63cdd27773a.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Beauties!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner