Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

RJR

Hat-Stetson Strat Hemp Sage.jpg

Waiting for a Stetson strat in sage hemp.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Well , ... as of right now ... still waiting on (in order of how they will probably come) : Akubra Taupe Fawn CD , Stetson Premier Strat in Cornhill , and as of today , 2 MC Gannon Hat Company Hats : Pecan 6" Crown , 2 3/4" Brim , Chocolate thin Ribbon and Trim & Dark Brown 6" Crown , 2 5/8" Brim (Alan-ish Anthony Special)(same as Anthony's , he's a Great Picker)(8 week wait) . No WONDER you forget you have a Hat coming ! I figure ETA on the CD is Monday May 9 or Tuesday May 10 , ETA on the Strat (They said ships in 6 weeks ) 3 more weeks , and 8 weeks + on the Gannons .

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
In the queue for a custom hat from alleykathatco (aka Cane Rod Maker, aka Cane's Creations). It will be a tribute/memorial of my mother-in-law who recently passed away. Thinking of possibly a stratoliner clone. Tim and I will figure it out once he gets to me in the queue.

Once squared away with that hat, I plan on ordering another tribute/memorial hat this time from @EstherWeiss as my dog has cancer. She is a blue Great Dane so thinking of a granite colored hat with long hair.

Mm25

One Too Many
Well , ... as of right now ... still waiting on (in order of how they will probably come) : Akubra Taupe Fawn CD , Stetson Premier Strat in Cornhill , and as of today , 2 MC Gannon Hat Company Hats : Pecan 6" Crown , 2 3/4" Brim , Chocolate thin Ribbon and Trim & Dark Brown 6" Crown , 2 5/8" Brim (Alan-ish Anthony Special)(same as Anthony's , he's a Great Picker)(8 week wait) . No WONDER you forget you have a Hat coming ! I figure ETA on the CD is Monday May 9 or Tuesday May 10 , ETA on the Strat (They said ships in 6 weeks ) 3 more weeks , and 8 weeks + on the Gannons .
Sorry I wasn't quite sure where to put this so I'll follow Michael's lead.
I have a stagecoach, and an Akubra due this week.
I have two more Akubra that will take three months to arrive.
I may have to get one more Akubra in the near future, BUT then no more than one hat a month!!! And only if it's a great deal or on my must have list!
Really.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Yeah , Haha ! I've been (For Real) fighting the urge to go ahead and order a BGG CD and Woomera , but I keep telling myself , #1 4 Hats are Coming ! , #2 See how you like the color and dimensions on the Taupe Fawn CD first , then go from there ... , #3 Then IF the CD dimensions are like I think get the BGG , and if the color is one I think I would really like for the Woomera or another color I'll know . I don't know for sure how long from ordering , to shipping (actually I know that) , to delivery it will be from The Hattery , but it shouldn't be much longer (airmail ? plus delivery , no more than a week more tops) , surely . And the others I'll have to order from EA (today AU dollars gained on the US dollar , so it would be a dollar or two more , never know). #4 If I can save on shipping , and get the right color that's a plus . Patience is a virtue .

Actually , I just got an email that the CD arrived in the US , but the tracking thing was down , so I'll have to wait . But I figure it landed in LAX or somewhere , and I don't know if it will be trucked or flown to Memphis , then delivered , but we'll see .

Last edited:
Yeah , Haha ! I've been (For Real) fighting the urge to go ahead and order a BGG CD and Woomera , but I keep telling myself , #1 4 Hats are Coming ! , #2 See how you like the color and dimensions on the Taupe Fawn CD first , then go from there ... , #3 Then IF the CD dimensions are like I think get the BGG , and if the color is one I think I would really like for the Woomera or another color I'll know . I don't know for sure how long from ordering , to shipping (actually I know that) , to delivery it will be from The Hattery , but it shouldn't be much longer (airmail ? plus delivery , no more than a week more tops) , surely . And the others I'll have to order from EA (today AU dollars gained on the US dollar , so it would be a dollar or two more , never know). #4 If I can save on shipping , and get the right color that's a plus . Patience is a virtue ...
Remember, the Bluegrass Green Campdraft is an Everything Australian exclusive; you can't get one from Hats Direct/The Hattery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner