Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
yum

2016090895112321.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Hate it when that happens. Had to track down my Fed X driver in another neighborhood to capture a camera lens once. Stalking.
I regularly chase down usps and ups drivers ... they are used to seeing me sitting in my car behind their vehicle when they come back from their short route or foot delivery

I have the mailmans route memorized ... they throw me off when it is not the regular guy

Last edited:

RJR

I regularly chase down usps and ups drivers ... they are used to seeing me sitting in my car behind their vehicle when they come back from their short route or foot delivery

I have the mailmans route memorized ... they throw me off when it is not the regular guy
I do the same thing :D.

Hate it when that happens. Had to track down my Fed X driver in another neighborhood to capture a camera lens once. Stalking.

So when I got hired for this job many moons ago, they sent the New Hire package to my house via FedEx. This included a kit to take to the lab to be "assayed," as is the normal course for my job. I needed to start the next Monday so I needed to get this package. The FedEx guy knocks on the door at 8:30 AM and leaves because we don't get to the door on time.

So here's my wife running down thie middle of the street in her bathrobe trying to catch the FedEx truck at 0830...

So when I got hired for this job many moons ago, they sent the New Hire package to my house via FedEx. This included a kit to take to the lab to be "assayed," as is the normal course for my job. I needed to start the next Monday so I needed to get this package. The FedEx guy knocks on the door at 8:30 AM and leaves because we don't get to the door on time.

So here's my wife running down thie middle of the street in her bathrobe trying to catch the FedEx truck at 0830...
6rnif4.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
It's no good, I just had to scratch my Belgian hat itch, I've ordered another hat from Esther Weis Millinery.
Esther asked me what style I would like, predictable me went for the classic look, I sent her this photo:

She is in the process of making me a parasisal straw hat. The basic structure has arrived.

View attachment 55873

And the ribbon bow has been crafted:

View attachment 55874

The sweatband chosen, I have selected the lighter colour.

View attachment 55876

As if that wasn't enough, Tina has ordered a very special patterned material to make a shirt that will not only be the envy of MG owners, but will compliment the hat that Esther is making. How lucky am I?

View attachment 55877

Wow that IS super! Love it all. Finding material for a shirt is also amazing! The material even looks like true vintage print, something not easy to do....a PUG for a hat could be made out of that material! Sharp all around. Your Wife loves you like I love my Hubby!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/LoveMyHats2027/blaxx%20hat_zpslzzhfsgp.jpg.html] [/URL]

We've have this super nice all black hat for a long, long time. TOO long! It is a beautiful hat...but all black...and for some reason an all black hat gets lost in the "black hole" you just do not see the beauty of the overall design and shape of the hat...so...but wait? It is no longer ALL BLACK! NO! What has happened? BOND to the rescue! Yes that's right! Our lovable BOND was sent this one....and this is his wonderful work! How can you say THANK YOU? Well pay him and say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I will take more pictures of this one when it comes back home.....THANK you BOND! Another super Lounger we sure do love!

RJR

We've have this super nice all black hat for a long, long time. TOO long! It is a beautiful hat...but all black...and for some reason an all black hat gets lost in the "black hole" you just do not see the beauty of the overall design and shape of the hat...so...but wait? It is no longer ALL BLACK! NO! What has happened? BOND to the rescue! Yes that's right! Our lovable BOND was sent this one....and this is his wonderful work! How can you say THANK YOU? Well pay him and say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I will take more pictures of this one when it comes back home.....THANK you BOND! Another super Lounger we sure do love!
Looks great,very similar to this VS of mine.
Hat-VS-Black,Copper Nutria 4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy