Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Waiting for this vintage boater. Brunetto brand. Probably arrives tomorrow...
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg
Untitled-5.jpg
Untitled-6.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Awaiting the arrival of this piece! Borsalino 'Calidad Especial'
I am just now seeing this hat...wow! It is so one of a kind and everything about that one is attractive, the balance of the crown and shape works so well with the color, brim size, and how the brim edge and ribbon colors....what a find!

Picked up another Cav stingy yesterday. The listing said it was "grey", we will see. I'm thinking it looks like my Rat Pack Cav which is Onyx. The main reason I snagged this one is it is a "Cavanagh Thirty" as opposed to the lower end $16.50 one I have right now. I think I'll do a side by side review of the two grades of Cav when it shows up. Different feel to the felt? It is also a 7 1/4 LO so...
29253389072_b4e4799d39.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It's no good, I just had to scratch my Belgian hat itch, I've ordered another hat from Esther Weis Millinery.
Esther asked me what style I would like, predictable me went for the classic look, I sent her this photo:

She is in the process of making me a parasisal straw hat. The basic structure has arrived.

new hat 008.jpg

And the ribbon bow has been crafted:

new hat 009.jpg

The sweatband chosen, I have selected the lighter colour.

new hat 010.jpg

As if that wasn't enough, Tina has ordered a very special patterned material to make a shirt that will not only be the envy of MG owners, but will compliment the hat that Esther is making. How lucky am I?

mg cars.png

It's no good, I just had to scratch my Belgian hat itch, I've ordered another hat from Esther Weis Millinery.
Esther asked me what style I would like, predictable me went for the classic look, I sent her this photo:

She is in the process of making me a parasisal straw hat. The basic structure has arrived.

View attachment 55873

And the ribbon bow has been crafted:

View attachment 55874

The sweatband chosen, I have selected the lighter colour.

View attachment 55876

As if that wasn't enough, Tina has ordered a very special patterned material to make a shirt that will not only be the envy of MG owners, but will compliment the hat that Esther is making. How lucky am I?

View attachment 55877
Truly a MG worthy hat! As a former 73 MG and 71 Midget owner (didn't even get joint custody in that divorce...) I am BR Green with envy of that material for the shirt!!!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Truly a MG worthy hat! As a former 73 MG and 71 Midget owner (didn't even get joint custody in that divorce...) I am BR Green with envy of that material for the shirt!!!
British Racing Green envy, now that's creative. What a pain at losing those lovely little MG Midgets. Have you heard of MG Live? It's the world's largest gathering of MG's, held every year at the formula one, Silverstone race track. That link will take you to many more links where you can admire many an MG Midget. The archive is full of photos and, although I haven't checked, I expect there's quite a few clips on YouTube.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I had all the materials at hand.
Sometimes certain things take more time to arrive.
And straw works a bit faster than a felt.

Can't wait to see it on you Sir!
Now we have the currency mix up sorted we have that tentative wait to see if our respective Post Offices can manage to deliver it safely. Tina and I are still waiting for the MG fabric to arrive. There's also a new pair of shoes coming by post. I tell you, when you are at the mercy of the postal systems, you can quite easily age prematurely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic