Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Nope. I'm confident that I'm hideous in all lighting and from any distance or angle.

But I have a great personality!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Reminds me of this cartoon.

IMG_2565.gif

You have a New Slant ... correct Mike?
what are your thoughts on it?
Love it to death, it is a true light weight. Even though it is lined, it feels lighter than my unlined hats. Of course, what I love about it is the 50's manly man liner and the felted ribbon treatment. I think mine is of the mid-late 50s. The "New Slant" shows up earlier in ads though.
7May17 Portis New Slant Liner detail.jpg
7May17 Portis New Slant side.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Love it to death, it is a true light weight. Even though it is lined, it feels lighter than my unlined hats. Of course, what I love about it is the 50's manly man liner and the felted ribbon treatment. I think mine is of the mid-late 50s. The "New Slant" shows up earlier in ads though.
View attachment 81163 View attachment 81164
Most of the photos I find of the New Slant they have either a pug style ribbon or a traditional bowed ribbon.
Yours and I think maybe only one other are the only ones I've seen with the felted belt style band like mine ... interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails