Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I had been pondering/looking for a blue hat for quite some time.

I have found that I am not very good at creating something from scratch, as in 'new bespoke,' because I find it difficult to envision, and then make up my mind.

But I knew that if I was patient I would eventually find a blue hat that would just, ya know, hit me where I live. And the lightning bolt has struck!

From our own Bill Hughes, a Knox 20 in navy, with a striking but subtle ribbon and edge trim:

View attachment 159201 View attachment 159202 View attachment 159203 View attachment 159204 View attachment 159205 View attachment 159206
This is a totally stellar hat!!
You started out with a blue ribbon blue!!
B

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had been pondering/looking for a blue hat for quite some time.

I have found that I am not very good at creating something from scratch, as in 'new bespoke,' because I find it difficult to envision, and then make up my mind.

But I knew that if I was patient I would eventually find a blue hat that would just, ya know, hit me where I live. And the lightning bolt has struck!

From our own Bill Hughes, a Knox 20 in navy, with a striking but subtle ribbon and edge trim:

View attachment 159201 View attachment 159202 View attachment 159203 View attachment 159204 View attachment 159205 View attachment 159206
That really is a beautiful hat. Funny you should mention that you've finally found your blue hat, as I just heard from Art Fawcett that my long-awaited navy Milan will be winging its way to me in the next few days. I particularly like the idea of having the only navy Milan (that I know of) in existence. Years ago I got a Stetson "Milan Renaissance" hat in navy, but I wouldn't swear that it isn't plastic. Anyway, congrats on a gorgeous hat.

ruvort

One of the Regulars
That @deadlyhandsome is a true enabler!!! I have a Dobbs coming in from him as well. Enjoy yours!
My new-to-me Campdraft is being delivered today, yay! Bought it from deadlyhandsome. Gotta wait all day though, until I get home from work. :-(
Does he have a store that you guys buy from? If so, where can I find this store?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
He might as well have his own store! Deadlyhats.com or something!!!

No, he is one of us here on the Lounge and a very experienced hat-o-phile/collector who buys and sells hats on a fairly regular basis - very knowledgeable. Look him up (just scroll through these threads to find his posts) and send him a private message. I'm sure he will tell you what he might have available in your size, if he has anything. If he doesn't, give him a few months and I'll bet he'll have a few more or can point you in the right direction if he sees something you are interested in that might show up on eBay or something. Brent is an A+ guy.

No, he is one of us here on the Lounge and a very experienced hat-o-phile/collector who buys and sells hats on a fairly regular basis - very knowledgeable. Look him up (just scroll through these threads to find his posts) and send him a private message. I'm sure he will tell you what he might have available in your size, if he has anything. If he doesn't, give him a few months and I'll bet he'll have a few more or can point you in the right direction if he sees something you are interested in that might show up on eBay or something. Brent is an A+ guy.

Thanks for your kind words. I’m no kind of expert on hats, but what I lack in knowledge I make up for in passion. I’m glad to help nice hats find deserving homes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Does he have a store that you guys buy from? If so, where can I find this store?

I believe he felt his collection grew a little too large, so he's been in purge mode over the last month or so. He's listed items for sale in the Classifieds as well as on eBay. Most of the hats are larger sizes as he's a 7-5/8, I think, but his collection also includes other (smaller) sizes as well.

I concur with the sentiments expressed by others regarding Brent. He's great to deal with and you'll be getting a wonderful hat at a fair price if you buy from him. He sold me this Lee homburg and I would definitely buy from him again.

ruvort

One of the Regulars
Thanks for your kind words. I’m no kind of expert on hats, but what I lack in knowledge I make up for in passion. I’m glad to help nice hats find deserving homes.

Well if you ever have or find any good deals on hats that are size 6 7/8 to 7 with 2.5 inch or larger brims I'd be very interested.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Well...there you go!
The poor guy just went from a 7 5/8 to an 8!! Lol
B

Well if you ever have or find any good deals on hats that are size 6 7/8 to 7 with 2.5 inch or larger brims I'd be very interested.

Howdy. I’m just a hack who really doesn’t know much but has learned to ask those who do. I reach out for help and opinions all the time and the real experts here are kind enough to share their time and knowledge.

I don’t have any hats in your size, but how about a size 7 Vita Felt Playboy for $165 BIN! It has some miles on it, so look closely at the photos:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RO...753539?hash=item4b5f8efcc3:g:0skAAOSwAGFcWOG6

Best regards,

Brent

nvilletele

One of the Regulars
Waiting on delivery of a Stetson Chatham in mink (color, not fur):

View attachment 158302 View attachment 158303 View attachment 158304

This one showed up, but with damage.
Returning it, and getting it in Tawny, as they had no more in mink.

They sent it out already, along with a return label for the damaged one. Nice, it’s on the way.

7804180B-F65A-47AA-8945-49B6E84E2727.jpeg
BF684B1C-7BCA-4DA4-B746-11AFF3C672CE.jpeg
239FF2C2-2271-4563-8CE9-55DE36AE255A.jpeg
6BBBA0D8-A79D-47AE-B7A2-1973A3B7D1AA.jpeg
148FB5A7-66B8-4E9D-993E-7AD03C03CA2D.jpeg

tropicalbob

Does anyone recall Art Fawcett's way of mailing his hats? I got an email from him yesterday saying that my hat went out Friday morning and, although I have two of his creations, I can't for the life of me remember how quickly they arrived. I'm wondering if I should expect it tomorrow.

Tukwila

I think Art has his shipping box sizes set up so he can efficiently and frugally ship USPS Priority Mail. Even so, 3 days would put you more like Tuesday... things get trucked/flown, etc., on Sundays, but not processed, so they'll generally sit in a location on Sunday and you lose a few hours.

If Art gave you a tracking number you can follow along with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner