Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

I'm waiting for my very first Borsalino to arrive. At least I think it's a Borsalino; that's what the faded logo on the sweatband says. Fished out of the Bay of E, I'm kinda' hoping the backward crease doesn't mean the felt is thinning at the pinch. On the other hand, I like a good beater hat, so maybe this'll be my first for that as well. :D Looks black in photos but supposed to be dark brown, and the crown "ribbon" has a slightly coarse weave that looks like it was cut from a yellowed and dirty flour sack. So, I'll see when it arrives; I liked it enough to not pass it up.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I'm waiting for my very first Borsalino to arrive. At least I think it's a Borsalino; that's what the faded logo on the sweatband says. Fished out of the Bay of E, I'm kinda' hoping the backward crease doesn't mean the felt is thinning at the pinch. On the other hand, I like a good beater hat, so maybe this'll be my first for that as well. :D Looks black in photos but supposed to be dark brown, and the crown "ribbon" has a slightly coarse weave that looks like it was cut from a yellowed and dirty flour sack. So, I'll see when it arrives; I liked it enough to not pass it up.

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to photos.

Ahh, the rare and highly desirable yellowed and dirty flour sack ribbon. Very avant-garde.

Last edited:
Ahh, the race and highly desirable yellowed and dirty flour sack ribbon. Very avant-garde.
Here's one of the listing photos:

c7mAx3o.jpg

Probably not an actual flour sack, not macramé, but certainly not Grosgrain either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points