Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Granville

One of the Regulars
Royal Coachman by Dobbs. Web photos are always suspect re: color, and I'm hoping this new acquisition is more 'gold' or yellow than olive. AND I have good reason to be hopeful. Seller describes color as Camel. Seller's photo:
coachman2.jpg
Here's a photo I found of a Royal Coachman in blue, and wow, great unique color, so I'm hoping for something a little snazzier/brighter than the pics the seller posted.
coachmanblu.jpg
Perhaps more like this one:
coachmanGold.jpg Also, I
More on the actual hat in question: The logo on tip is faded, particularly the red 'by Dobbs'. Also, where the few examples I've found online all have the Dobbs name on the sweat, this lid only has the Coachman design and the words Royal Coachman (as well as the Guild Edge badge).
coachman_sweat.jpg
Coachman1.jpg
In a week or so I'll post on the new hat thread with my own pics.
And to the guys who laughed at me when I said I'd bought six hats in six months and thought I was done for a while... keep your 'told you so' to yourselves!

Royal Coachman by Dobbs. Web photos are always suspect re: color, and I'm hoping this new acquisition is more 'gold' or yellow than olive. AND I have good reason to be hopeful. Seller describes color as Camel. Seller's photo:
View attachment 414947
Here's a photo I found of a Royal Coachman in blue, and wow, great unique color, so I'm hoping for something a little snazzier/brighter than the pics the seller posted.
View attachment 414948
Perhaps more like this one:
View attachment 414962 Also, I
More on the actual hat in question: The logo on tip is faded, particularly the red 'by Dobbs'. Also, where the few examples I've found online all have the Dobbs name on the sweat, this lid only has the Coachman design and the words Royal Coachman (as well as the Guild Edge badge).
View attachment 414945
View attachment 414946
In a week or so I'll post on the new hat thread with my own pics.
And to the guys who laughed at me when I said I'd bought six hats in six months and thought I was done for a while... keep your 'told you so' to yourselves!
I have a Royal Coachman…. in kind of a blue grey. One of my favs.

I wonder if yours may be a similar color to my Four Seasons…. Kinda a caramel color.

I look forward to seeing yours when it arrives
A77A189B-7946-4F39-AD36-309FF2178851.jpeg

Samson25

Familiar Face
Not waiting any longer.
My Campdraft- black arrived today.
Ordered 24. March- arrived today 04 April - Australia Post/ DHL- AU to DE in 11 days.
Everyone deserves a little luck now and again.
p.s. crown height on mine measures 5 and 3/4
( measured from rim top surface at hat body to absolute top of crown).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner