Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

DiamondJimLA

New in Town
Inexpensive Panama I can afford to lose from The Hip Hat. There was some discussion here a while back about The Hip Hat, run by a couple of nice gals, so decided to give them a try. Sorry for the small pic, all I could find in the right format.

Attachments

• hip panama.jpg
    hip panama.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 49

The Shoe

One Too Many
Some of you may recall that I was considering a Lagomarsino that came up a few months back for about $70. It would have been my first nutria hat. In the end I passed on it.
Anyhow, this one popped up the other day and I snapped it up for about half the price of the other one. I’m expecting it to arrive tomorrow.
673CA3CB-A69D-4161-932C-103A47CB40E9.jpeg
D059A2AF-2DEE-4367-8B3E-12DFAF4AC389.jpeg

Stefan sorted me out with my first nutria, a Tirard, so this will be my second.

Last edited:
Some of you may recall that I was considering a Lagomarsino that came up a few months back for about $70. It would have been my first nutria hat. In the end I passed on it.
Anyhow, this one popped up the other day and I snapped it up for about half the price of the other one. I’m expecting it to arrive tomorrow.
View attachment 435518 View attachment 435519
Stefan sorted me out with my first nutria, a Tirard, so this will be my second.

Lagomarsino is a strange brand. I had two that said Nutria on the liner and the sweatbands were marked 100% coney (rabbit). I believe mine were rabbit. They were both well-made hats.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Lagomarsino is a strange brand. I had two that said Nutria on the liner and the sweatbands were marked 100% coney (rabbit). I believe mine were rabbit. They were both well-made hats.
I recall you saying that one of the hats was rabbit.
No sign of ”coney” on the sweat from the seller’s photos. It does say “Pelo 100%”. Google tells me that Pelo means fur in Portuguese. In Argentina, they speak Spanish, in which it means hair (again according to Google).
You mentioned back then that nutria can also refer to the colour. However, I’ve seen the same big “Nutria“ on the liner on their black “Jazz” hat, so I don’t believe that is the case here. I’m not experienced enough with nutria to feel confident I’ll be able to identify it.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I recall you saying that one of the hats was rabbit.
No sign of ”coney” on the sweat from the seller’s photos. It does say “Pelo 100%”. Google tells me that Pelo means fur in Portuguese. In Argentina, they speak Spanish, in which it means hair (again according to Google).
You mentioned back then that nutria can also refer to the colour. However, I’ve seen the same big “Nutria“ on the liner on their black “Jazz” hat, so I don’t believe that is the case here. I’m not experienced enough with nutria to feel confident I’ll be able to identify it.
If it's a genuine nutria (coypu) felt, then it should feel softer/smoother than rabbit fur, but not as smooth/velvety as 100% beaver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff