Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Stingypendence Day.
Ooohhhhhh

IMG_6182.gif

MikeinRome

Practically Family
Stetson Boss Raw Edge, Kettle Finish, Real Nutria. Looks about 1930's. I'm hoping the wadded up cloth inside the hat is the original liner. Has 4 1/2 inch brim with edge binding on underside of brim only, like an Arminto. Open crown is about 6 1/2 to 7 inches.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240303-050525~2.png
    Screenshot_20240303-050525~2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20240303-050614~2.png
    Screenshot_20240303-050614~2.png
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20240303-050654~2.png
    Screenshot_20240303-050654~2.png
    865.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20240303-050837~2.png
    Screenshot_20240303-050837~2.png
    746.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20240303-050801~2.png
    Screenshot_20240303-050801~2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 27

georgie girl

One of the Regulars
Got this Awesome Vogue late last night!
Never thought I’d ever end up with one, especially at an affordable price!
Was listed auction style with a make offer option. Seller accepted an offer that’s likely a quarter of its resell value.
Will forever stand as my most favorite fedora. Love the color and y’all know I like wide binding.
She just needs some shaping up.
Was shipped out this morning and that’s good because I can hardly breath till it gets here!! View attachment 595787
incredible price, nice going

i thought it was neat too... but I have no idea. Looks like either a horseshoe or wishbone with a star shape…. But almost has a bit of Star Trek kinda vibes.

Bob is gearing up for StingyMas in July .. StinJuly…. the half way to StingyMas celebration. LOL
Well I WAS seeing wishbone but now...............the United Star Ship "Wishbone"!
1709591670202.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Historically speaking, a very interesting Topper and box. Especially the latter regarding Danish hatters.

Looking forward to revealing more once I pick it up next week.

View attachment 594033
Is it just the photo or is the sweatband extremely wide?

I am curious to hear what the cord is for as well - I can’t imagine the hat could be worn with that tied in there? Is it possible it was for stacking purposes?

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Because all the Christmas traditions are winter ones, in New Zealand, some bars have a mid-winter Christmas celebration around July or August. When I moved to the Northern Hemisphere, I decided to celebrate a mid-summer Christmas like the ones I grew up with (held on the first weekend after the rainy season ends). So by having a StinJuly, you are really just showing some solidarity with the Southern Hemisphere!
Southern hemisphere Christmas is too strange for me. I don’t mind the warm (hot!) new year but going to the beach for a surf and a work on the tan on Christmas just feels like the apocalypse to me.

My Aussie friends told me it’s natural to them to have summer holidays at Christmas time but I’m not surprised to hear about Christmas in July down under. I mean, we have them in the Northern Hemisphere as well, but it would be a special treat in Melbourne to have cold weather and watch White Christmas or It’s a Wonderful Life. I might have to initiate that in my neighborhood next time I’m in town - which could be this July!

Last edited:
You have to promise me I won't be tossed out of the Lounge for revealing this.....but here goes; I just picked up a Paul Ventress hat, used, out of the UK for a decent price. It is not one of his heavily distressed models but it def sits in the BoHo modern style camp.
I just have this curiosity to see what other hatters are up to....especially those that have name recognition. I do not have great expectations just a strong curiosity.....stay tuned and when received I will post pictures and a review.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Is it just the photo or is the sweatband extremely wide?

I am curious to hear what the cord is for as well - I can’t imagine the hat could be worn with that tied in there? Is it possible it was for stacking purposes?
Thanks for the interest, Nathan.

At just over 2 inches the sweatband is wide, but not unusually wide for a Top Hat. Par for the course in fact.

The hat came in its original box, so the cord has nothing to do with stacking. I think Bob is on the right track re the holes in the sweat and the need for the owner to pull the sweatband in to make for a tighter fit.

I'm behind on posting updates on new hats and hats I'm waiting for, so hoping to catch up during the weekend.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Thanks for the interest, Nathan.

At just over 2 inches the sweatband is wide, but not unusually wide for a Top Hat. Par for the course in fact.

The hat came in its original box, so the cord has nothing to do with stacking. I think Bob is on the right track re the holes in the sweat and the need for the owner to pull the sweatband in to make for a tighter fit.

I'm behind on posting updates on new hats and hats I'm waiting for, so hoping to catch up during the weekend.
Thanks for the response, Steve - I look forward to seeing the hat in more detail.

Paul Ventress-Hatter

New in Town
You have to promise me I won't be tossed out of the Lounge for revealing this.....but here goes; I just picked up a Paul Ventress hat, used, out of the UK for a decent price. It is not one of his heavily distressed models but it def sits in the BoHo modern style camp.
I just have this curiosity to see what other hatters are up to....especially those that have name recognition. I do not have great expectations just a strong curiosity.....stay tuned and when received I will post pictures and a review.
Interesting to think one can be tossed out of the lounge for mentioning me. Does that mean I should have been tossed out of the lounge myself? The hat in question is one from very early on in my hat making career (8 years ago probably). I also don't have great expectations for my hats from this time. Those ri&co sweatbands I used back then were awfully thin.

RBH

Bartender
Interesting to think one can be tossed out of the lounge for mentioning me. Does that mean I should have been tossed out of the lounge myself? The hat in question is one from very early on in my hat making career (8 years ago probably). I also don't have great expectations for my hats from this time. Those ri&co sweatbands I used back then were awfully thin.

Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!!!!
I hope you have a long and enjoyable stay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24