Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
Snapshot_20100404_2.jpg

over 70 today, nice to see the sun:)

RBH

Bartender
Dinerman said:
'30s Personality Cap, at a big year end brewery tour + Barbecue event I helped organize for my residence.

A word on caps- I haven't ever seen a modern cap that even comes close to the dimensions or construction of an authentic vintage cap.
Looks good on you. :eusa_clap

Dinerman said:
There have been a variety of threads on caps here, but it seems that for whatever reason, modern manufacturers have a difficult time getting the cut correct.

The same can be said for most factory fedoras now-a-days.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Mountain Man said:
"In my Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it..." Ancient boater made by Brown Brothers of San Pedro, CA.

IMG_2666.jpg

Boaters are one kind of hat that few look good in. I guess that's because unlike the different creases and brim shapes of fedoras a boater is what it is. Mountain Man you are one of those few who look great and natural in one.:eusa_clap

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
'30s Personality Cap, at a big year end brewery tour + Barbecue event I helped organize for my residence.

23435_10150153325945621_815775620_11889770_8130268_n.jpg

A word on caps- I haven't ever seen a modern cap that even comes close to the dimensions or construction of an authentic vintage cap. There have been a variety of threads on caps here, but it seems that for whatever reason, modern manufacturers have a difficult time getting the cut correct.
They probably don't want to use the extra material it takes to make them look right!:eusa_clap

Kaonashi

Familiar Face
Big_e said:
I like that brim, Kaonashi. Is it more like a western bash? Makes your face more visible and makes you more approachable than the traditional fedora bash with the brim down. It seems to work well.
Ernest

Thanks Ernest, I just stood in front of the mirror and shaped it the way i thought would feel better for me, but yes i´m not much of a a brim-down-fedora-fan.

RBH

Bartender
Super hats today everyone!!

This is the one I have sported today. Its my new Dobbs milan that I wanted a new ribbon on. [It was just like the other with a wide brown ribbon, which I love by the way]
I havent had time to get to Major Moores for the work to be done so I put a old Stetson straw Retro ribbon on it. And worked the brim a little bit myself.
I do not think I will go with a black ribbon, but really like the width of this one.
What do ya'll think?

easter014c.jpg

easter015.jpg

008rs.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Lots of winners here today. :eusa_clap

It's really nice here, so we went to Brandywine Falls, part of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. I'm in my PB blocked by Art (I think I'm finally happy with what I've done to the brim), and my wife is in a vintage hat she found in Amsterdam.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0039-1.jpg

Warnings?
DSC_0017.jpg

Pfft!
DSC_0055-1.jpg

Cheers
DSC_0044-1.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks good, R.

And, Lefty, the panama looks good and the scenery is excellent. Looks like the enjoyed the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner