Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
the past couple

Stetson
DSCN0155.jpg

Montecristi
DSCN0151.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
Stetson
IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/dsr-hat/DSCN0155.jpg[/IMG]

Montecristi
IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/dsr-hat/DSCN0151.jpg[/IMG]

Fantastic. :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

HarpPlayerGene said:
Great to see so many good looking hat posts from members new and, well.. you know who you are. :D

-----------

Wheeled out the ollllld Supernatural:

DSCN1072.jpg

Looking ready for the warm weather Gene! Nice to see you got some posting time.

danofarlington

Baron Kurtz said:
Early 50s Featherweight Borsalino. Full lining and leather sweatband and still only weighs just a smidge over 5 ounces. Light grey with a silver grey ribbon and edge binding. Certainly one of my favourites. 2.5" brim and 5" (uncreased), 4.5" (creased) crown.

BorsaFeather2.jpg

BorsaFeather3.jpg

BorsaFeather4.jpg

BorsaFeather1.jpg
Cool.

DRB

One Too Many
Mr. J.B., Thanks for the great pics of the Fed IV. I see you have gotten better at the lighting aspects of your photography. I like the blue sky background. Here is my Fed IV. I wore it into work today as it was raining. I ordered a Squatter hat and it should be here in a couple of days. I plan to trim the brim and make a Fed IV that has a smaller crown. Moonstone color. Should be an interesting project.
April20100260.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Since I'm having so much fun with straws lately and Panamas in particular these two are really floating my boat.

We got frumpy.

DSCN1072.jpg

We got polished.

DSCN0155.jpg

Both very cool looks for a Panama! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The Good

Call Me a Cab
danofarlington said:
The hat's working.

Thank you! Heh, I have to admit, in my photo shots of me wearing the hat, my facial expressions and overall attitude are somewhat inspired by those old Spaghetti Westerns, think of Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, Charles Bronson, and Henry Fonda for example. In stills and photographs from the films, they are portrayed with certain stoic, imposing facial expressions and attitude.

I know they're not wearing fedoras, but look at these for examples of what I mean:

toughhenryfonda7.jpg

bronson.jpg

clint_westerns_0921.jpg

10429565_gal.jpg

As you can see, for some of my profile pictures and avatars posted here, I take inspiration from Sergio Leone's camera shots of the actors. For some of my shots, I also take inspiration from Golden Era film noir, for that dramatic, "cinematic" look. Of course, I look more "friendly" and at-ease otherwise. It's not look I've got that sneer while walking down the street. I'm not a cold blooded, menacing assassin or anything. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats