Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRB

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
Again my latest 30s Borsalino

4581428189_264d328823_b.jpg

mayserwegener, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this hat on you was - Perfect fit. I really like that one. Could we see what's under the lid? Liner?

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mayserwegener said:
Borsalino pre WWII made for the German market.

4576038300_3aedf2726a_b.jpg

4576037692_74a90cf035_b.jpg

I didn't realize that Borsalino maintained its fedora look over the years. I have a new Borsalino beaver fedora, and it's very similar. I love Borsalinos. Good job! If I thought there were wide-brim Borsalinos of that style on EBay, I would go there more often. Let alone Borsalino--if I saw other vintage hats as strongly wearable as that one is, I'd bid up the auctions.

danofarlington said:
I didn't realize that Borsalino maintained its fedora look over the years. I have a new Borsalino beaver fedora, and it's very similar. I love Borsalinos. Good job! If I thought there were wide-brim Borsalinos of that style on EBay, I would go there more often. Let alone Borsalino--if I saw other vintage hats as strongly wearable as that one is, I'd bid up the auctions.

Thanks! :) This one might have a shorter crown for the time period (I personally don't hold this view) but I would say less taper compared to a similar Borso from today. The problem is this hat is a very rare find -> large size + condition + made for the late 20s - 30s German - Austrian market. The other German - Austrian market Borsalinos on the FL are 50s or later.

This pic shows the taper better. Looks more typical of the period from this view.

4576038202_0dfb10cf44.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Bill Greene said:
I'm wearing this reworked Stetson today. Love it.

StetRework.jpg
Bill, what a great Stetson. I like the shape/lines of it. Stay cool this summer!

Who did the re-work?

--------------------------------------

Mario, great look. Such style!

RBH

Bartender
mayserwegener said:
Thanks! :) This one might have a shorter crown for the time period (I personally don't hold this view) but I would say less taper compared to a similar Borso from today. The problem is this hat is a very rare find -> large size + condition + made for the late 20s - 30s German - Austrian market. The other German - Austrian market Borsalinos on the FL are 50s or later.

This pic shows the taper better. Looks more typical of the period from this view.

4576038202_0dfb10cf44.jpg
You have some fine fedoras!!!
Well done.:eusa_clap

RBH said:
You have some fine fedoras!!!
Well done.:eusa_clap

RBH, Thanks! As do you Sir!

Mario, Sharp look as usual. Fantastic Mallory 10 Cravenette with the swoop going! :eusa_clap

Dreispitz, Cool photo! The Fonz gone to school with that Stetson XXX. :eusa_clap

BillG, Nice reworked Stetson straw. The vertical bow stripe works nicely. :eusa_clap

HPGene, Great well worn tropic look with the Supernatural ! :eusa_clap

BigE, Cap -> Attitude! Cool diner shot too! :eusa_clap

CRH, Very nice straw! Really like the pug. :eusa_clap

JB, Nice desert back drop for your Akubra Fed IV! :eusa_clap

Bill Greene

One of the Regulars
DRB said:
Bill, what a great Stetson. I like the shape/lines of it. Stay cool this summer!

Who did the re-work?

--------------------------------------

Mario, great look. Such style!

Parker Melvin did it all. The hat looked awful, but it's structural integrity wasn't compromised. It was dirty all over, looked like someone had sat on it for years. And the band that was on it was terrible. Not good.

You can get Parker at Falcon Park Hattery. He's a member on here, but you can google it too.

suitedcboy said:
You really look like you should hopping into some offbeat British sports car and heading out to find Emma Peel or some bad guys out to bring down the Empire.

This is a good thing.

Great look, very classy.

Wait until he turns back into the Derbynator! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav