Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Too Many
San Remo Old Borsalino

2783498110106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Good Borsalino for this noon, with friends in foot-ball game.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr E Train

One Too Many
That Cross Country is great, Mr. L! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'm wearing the Panamabob Optimo I got from you. I replaced the band with a pleated pug. I dig it.

pboptimopugfb7.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. Lucky said:
HEAVILY modified Dobbs Cross Country on this very, VERY blustery day.

Photo45-1.jpg
I say that works. Also, you've got it pulled down far enough on your forehead. My local hat man 20 years ago explained to me when I tilted my first hat too far upward, that hats are supposed to present a straight line across when viewed from sideways. So I don't wear my hats tilted back, which is a natural inclination, and you're not doing it either, so bravo.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
danofarlington said:
My local hat man 20 years ago explained to me when I tilted my first hat too far upward, that hats are supposed to present a straight line across when viewed from sideways. So I don't wear my hats tilted back, which is a natural inclination, and you're not doing it either, so bravo.

That's your local hat man's opinion. What works for some may not work for others. It depends on the length and shape of your face. Some guys look better with the hat tilted back to show more forehead.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
danofarlington said:
[...] hats are supposed to present a straight line across when viewed from sideways. So I don't wear my hats tilted back, which is a natural inclination, and you're not doing it either, so bravo.

It's true that some people like to wear fedoras straight as you describe, or low in the front. Others prefer to tilt them in one direction or another, or even wear them up in the front. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with any of these choices. Some of us even wear one hat one way and another hat another way. In my opinion, comfort and personal style should be the final arbiter. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats