Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Lark said:
Out and about with my Akubra Bogart.

dsc6983y.jpg
There you go. Looks good. That's got all the right elements in the photo for a successful "hat wearing." Clothes are good with it--colors match, dressy but not too dressy. I hope people copy you over there. You ought to be the Akubra ad. I don't see any hat company ads as you see for other items. I wonder why that is? I like the hat companies but their marketing people are asleep at the wheel.

AndrewGWU

Familiar Face
Wearing a western conversion I finished up last night. I used vintage ribbon for the ribbon replacement. Hat was free and I have 5 bucks in the ribbon, so I think it is a nice $5 hat! I am still trying the brim the way I want it, you can tell it is kind of wavy in the back.

BaileyConversion013.jpg

This was the hat before I stated, the photo has a little green tint which throws off the true color.

BaileyConversion001.jpg

You can see more pics in the conversion corral thread.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
danofarlington said:
Good combo. I like the color. What can you say about the state of hat-wearing in France? Does anyone do it?
Thanks, dano!
After being back in the States for a few weeks, I must say that I'm seeing far more hats here in France; lots of cloth "trilbies", flat caps, and a good number of felt fedoras. This is perhaps due to the weather; when I left Illinois it was sunny and in the low eighties, here it's rainy and in the low fifties!

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jauntyone said:
Thanks, dano!
After being back in the States for a few weeks, I must say that I'm seeing far more hats here in France; lots of cloth "trilbies", flat caps, and a good number of felt fedoras. This is perhaps due to the weather; when I left Illinois it was sunny and in the low eighties, here it's rainy and in the low fifties!
Thanks for the report. I always thought of France as a fashion leader in general, whether true or not, so was curious. I wonder the same thing about Italy--do men use hats there anymore? If they do, they'd be undergoing the same boomerang in men's fashion as is happening at some level here in the U.S. Just curious about hats in the world. I was interested to see earlier posts about men's hats in Japan, so I'm learning about it.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Mario said:
I was having a hard time today deciding on which hat I want to wear. Mallory? Dunlap? Brooks? [huh]

triple-burger.jpg

Since the arrangement pictured above didn't work too well, I finally settled with my late 30's/early 40's Dunlap Strat clone. I think it was a good choice. :)

dunlap_strat_05_10_10.jpg

Tripple Mario MMM :D

rlk

I'll Lock Up

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Mario said:
I was having a hard time today deciding on which hat I want to wear. Mallory? Dunlap? Brooks? [huh]

triple-burger.jpg

Since the arrangement pictured above didn't work too well, I finally settled with my late 30's/early 40's Dunlap Strat clone. I think it was a good choice. :)

dunlap_strat_05_10_10.jpg

I think so too, allthough, I like the first picture better.... I'm not kidding.. :p

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
Congratulations! Fantastic looking pair! Your photographer captured you in a relaxed and natural way with a creativity that enhanced the mood and atmosphere. Must have been a wonderful experience that these images will preserve and allow you to relive.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

+1. The shot of you reaching in your pocket is very distinguished and manly. I love it.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
The weather looked iffy today, so I wore my Pinzano Milan.

pinz051110-2.jpg

I wasn't happy with the snap of the brim in the front, so shortly after taking that photo I steamed it and shaped it to give it more of a downswoop in the front and made the upswoop in the back a little more dramatic. Looks better now, I think.

pinz051110.jpg

GClark

One of the Regulars
Nice and cool today, so I had my Stetson 50's Western paired with my Norfolk Jacket for probablythe last time this season.
StetsonWestern.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran