Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metropd

One Too Many
Slim Portly said:
My friend, you humble me.

Your look today was executed immaculately. Bravo :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Obviously you are a gentleman so the clothes are fitting for the personality.
But please do still experiment as that is what brings life and charm to your identity. Remember anyone can be well dressed but very few can be originally stylish. On today's occasion you managed to be both.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Salty O'Rourke said:
Heading into Manhattan for dinner with friends wearing my Sand Beaver Brand velour. My fiancee bought me my first fedora; I don't think she realizes what she started!

4650429641_895830026d.jpg

4651044064_898495fd4c.jpg
Got to keep buying those wide brims.

danofarlington said:
That's a super hat. What is it may I ask so that I may seek one?

It is a Mayser (Germany) Spezial (59cm). My guess is mid 1950s. Mayser is still in business today but no longer produce this model. 1950s Mayser Fedoras are rare especially in the larger sizes.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
What exceptional photos and hats everyone! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Indy, mayser, djgo, salty, sim and dreis:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mayserwegener said:
It is a Mayser (Germany) Spezial (59cm). My guess is mid 1950s. Mayser is still in business today but no longer produce this model. 1950s Mayser Fedoras are rare especially in the larger sizes.
It's a color I would like to have. I could use that in a lot of places. But I imagine EBay won't carry many Maysers. Are there European EBays where they'll have that one do you think?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
brando-superman.jpg

"You shall journey far away to a distant planet. There, you will find yourself in a city known as Philadelphia, where you will discover the perfection of the Stetson. Dressed in tights and a cape, you shall fight to preserve the fedora and the American way..."

:D :D :D

danofarlington said:
It's a color I would like to have. I could use that in a lot of places. But I imagine EBay won't carry many Maysers. Are there European EBays where they'll have that one do you think?

You will find more vintage Mayser Fedoras on German eBay but they are mostly 60s stingy brims. It is very rare that 50s or earlier wider brim Mayser Fedoras show up. I actually picked this Spezial up on US eBay. If you want to see more vintage Maysers + others you can check out my German - Austrian site.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/

buler

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
"You shall journey far away to a distant planet. There, you will find yourself in a city known as Philadelphia, where you will discover the perfection of the Stetson. Dressed in tights and a cape, you shall fight to preserve the fedora and the American way..."

:D :D :D

and his trusty superdog Bodie....

B

krypto.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy